• A flying lesson in a 2 or 4 seater light aircraft
• Choose from a 30 or 60 minute flight duration
• After a welcome and introduction your instructor will talk you through the pre-flight checks
• Once airborne you will have the chance to take the controls
• All flight durations are from 'brakes on to brakes off'
• After your flight you will be presented with a First Flight Certificate
What Can I Expect
Take your flying lessons at Swansea Airport and you will be getting airborne over some of the prettiest coastal countryside we've ever seen! Based out of the airport at Fairwood Common on the Gower Peninsula, this small and very welcoming club is a great place to fly from.
This fully licenced flying school offers a variety of lessons from Swansea. The club has a modern fleet of light planes, including five two seater Piper PA 38 Tomahawks and a four seater Piper PA28 Cherokee and you have the choice of a 30 or 60 minute flight in either sort of aeroplane. Worth noting, if you have a four seat voucher, you can have up to two people to join you as passengers, so you can invite those who bought the voucher to join you - and they will absolutely love it.
So where will you be flying on your lesson? Well, from Swansea there is a myriad of flight paths possible. What we love about this club is that they'll take the time to discuss where you go before you're even in the plane and when asked, most people immediately reply 'over my house' and then 'Caldey Island where I used to go as a child'. Routes also including Tenby, Swansea Bay, Mumbles and Llanelli can all be planned too, depending on weather and your flight duration.
Once you know where you're headed on your aerial sojourn from Swansea, it's time for the flying lesson to get underway as you book out and then follow your pilot instructor to the aircraft sitting on the apron. If you've never been in a small plane before, you might surprised to find you climb into the cockpit by stepping up on a special padded section of the wing next to the fuselage and the inside.
When settled and strapped in to your seat, your pilot will point out some of the most essential dials and gauges in front of you, namely the vertical speed indicator, the direction indicator and the turn and slip indicator. What always amazes us with flying is that although it is complicated and full of aeronautical theory, when you are at cruising altitude it all feels very comfortable, relaxed and even easy. Whether you sit back and relax and just enjoy the views, or you actually fancy having a go at taking the controls, you are sure to enjoy your first lesson in flying over Swansea.
So if you want a fun experience with fantastic views that are truly second to none, these flying lessons in Swansea are a great choice. You will enjoy an aerial voyage that leaves you informed and not bamboozled by the theories of flight, with the chance to see some of the very best parts of the Welsh coastline from the air - and maybe even your own home too!
• Experiences are available weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to weather conditions and availability
• Minimum age of 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
Two Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1 ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• At the pilots descretion an additional two people may accompany the participant
• Maximum combined weight should not exceed 40 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Swansea Airport