• An introduction to your expert instructor who will brief you on the basic principles of flying and how to use the controls of a Cessna 152 aircraft
• You will then take to the air for your chosen flight duration with plenty of opportunities to take the controls yourself
• You will receive a Log Book as a memento of your day and the time flown can be put towards achieving a Private Pilots Licence
• Lessons also include entry to IWM Duxford
Another great flying lesson experience from IntotheBlue
What Can I Expect
Our Duxford flight experiences aren't just about time in the sky, they're a whole day out for all the family! This amazing aerodrome is steeped in aviation history and is, of course, home to the world-renowned IWM Duxford museum.
The fact that access to the Duxford museum is included for all those taking flights is what makes these experiences unique - and even friends and family accompanying you benefit from half price tickets.
Serving as an RAF station in both world wars, the site now houses Europe's largest collection of aviation and military exhibits. There are over 200 static aeroplanes to see and 85 acres to explore, including the Operations Room, AirSpace telling the story of British aviation, an original 1917 hangar and the ultra-modern American Air exhibition built by award-winning architect (and himself a pilot) Norman Foster.
In reality, the whole Duxford aerodrome site is like a living museum experience. As well as hosting incredibly popular air shows and fly-ins, there are many classic, very much serviceable aircraft that call Duxford home and still regularly take flight from here. Less well known are the flying schools also based on the airfield, such as this one you'll be heading to.
We are offering 30 or 60 minute flights in a modern two seater Cessna 152 plane and we think these experiences make for truly superb days out for aviation enthusiasts. Just imagine taking off at Duxford and looking down on some very sought after aeroplanes and flying right over the top of the hangars. If you can contain your excitement at the spectacular aerial vistas, your instructor-pilot will let you take control and fly yourself over this iconic location.
Duxford flight experiences offer you a piece of the aviation action at a bustling airfield where history is, quite literally, in the air. Your flight is sure to delight, as you have a very privileged view of those plane-filled hangars, runways and aprons here at IWM Duxford in Cambridgeshire.
• This is a truly memorable flying venue to fly from and places fill up quickly
• Flights operate from March to October
• There is a maximum weight of 18 stone
• A minimum age of 16 years
• Maximum height is 6'4''
• Photographic ID may be requested
• Spectators are welcome to attend to watch participants in flight
• Entry to IWM Duxford is compulsory for spectators however Into the Blue guests will receive a discounted rate paying around £8 per adult, kids under 16 are free
• There are restaurants and cafes on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue is located in Duxford just South of Cambridge with easy access from the M11 J10