• Choose from a two seater Cessna 152 or the four seater Cessna 172
• Preflight briefing with your pilot
• Your flight will last for 30 or 60 minutes depending on the voucher chosen
• Flight times are quoted 'chock to chock', ie. from when the plane starts to taxi, to when it switches off at the end of the lesson
What Can I Expect
Cruise over the coastline on these thrilling Flying Lessons In Essex! This family run school occupies an enviable position just yards from the beach at Clacton on Sea, so when you take off you will have the amazing viewpoint of the sea on one side and countryside on the other.
As well as its rather unique geographical position, the club actually owns Clacton Airfield, so there's no jostling for slots with commercial traffic or other flying clubs and that in turn means very little waiting time and there are no landing fees here either. The team at Clacton is very proud of it's service, as there is hangarage, restoration and aircraft maintenance all on offer, making it a vibrant and friendly club to to take your first lesson in flying from.
Providing flight lessons since 1988, the instructors here have trained and taught many a budding pilot to get their PPL (Private Pilot's Licence), so you know you'll be in good hands. Of course, learning how to fly for the uninitiated feels like an insurmountable task, but your tutor pilot is an expert at putting novices at ease and although it does require a lot dedication and determination, these trial lessons in flying from this cute and quiet airfield in Essex will be a real revelation in how exhilarating flying in a light aircraft is.
Once the introductions have been done, you will head out to the plane on the apron. After a 'walk around' the aircraft with a few basic principles of flight explained to you, it's time to climb into the cockpit and get ready for your lesson.
A variety of flying lessons in Essex are offered, with 30 and 60 minute durations in a two seater training aircraft (typically the high wing Cessna 152) or lessons in the four seater Cessna 172. If you chose this option, you be able to invite someone along to enjoy the flight lesson from the back seat (subject to pilot approval) and enjoy a bird's eye view of the Essex coast around Clacton.
• Weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Flights are weather dependent
• Minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Two forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
Two seater Restrictions:
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Participants of the four seater experiences are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Clacton Airfield, Essex