• A welcome and lesson briefing
• The chance to take the controls yourself
• Usually flying the aircraft for the majority of the flight
• On four seater flights the pilot will usually allow you to take an interested friend or relative to observe the lesson from the rear seats
• A personalised certificate on completion of the flight
What Can I Expect
Be part of this busy flight academy at Blackpool airport and get a taste of being a pilot at the great British seaside! This centre, just a five minute walk from the main airport terminal at Blackpool, prides itself on excellent standards of flying lessons from fully qualified instructors. with a range of flying lessons durations available.
With a full range of lesson durations available, you can choose 30 or 60 minutes of flying in a two seater Cessna 150, or you can opt for a 60 minute flight in a Piper PA28 with four seats, which means that within the weight limits, one or two spectators can join you in the air over Blackpool as rear seat passengers for the duration of your lesson.
On all of these flights you will get to see a slice of the classic Blackpool coastline from the sky, including the famous Golden Mile, the Pleasure Beach, the Pier jutting out into the sea and Blackpool Tower. On the 60 minute flights you will then head further afield to perhaps Lancaster or the southern Lakes. At this flight academy it's not just about spotting the sights on the seafront, you will actually learn what it's like to fly a plane and, being a modern dual-controlled light aircraft, you'll find the challenge of having a go at flying fun and informative under the guidance of your fully-qualified instructor pilot.
Don't just take our word for it, one recently qualified pilot who was a student of the academy said: "After an hour's 'joyride' around Blackpool and beyond, I enjoyed my flight so much I decided to study for my private pilot's licence at the academy." and other club members firmly believe the immaculately maintained and presented fleet of aircraft here in Blackpool really makes this school stand out.
And it's no surprise this centre has such a good reputation, as it is Blackpool's original flight training academy. Opened in 1947, for flying lessons and charter work, the most popular aerial excursions were flights over Blackpool and even today the approach coming in to land at the airport will take your breath away, as you soar in over the water, the beach and the cliffs to come in for your landing on the tarmac runway.
Facilities at this flight academy in Blackpool airport are excellent and friends and family are invited to watch your airborne adventures from the warmth and comfort of the 'Airside' cafe and bar, affording good views of the apron and taxiways at the airport. Don't forget, on all flying lessons you will be able to take control at various points, including taxiing and mid-air over Blackpool to practice gentle ascents, descents and even turning. Another amazing flying lessons experience from IntotheBlue.
• Flights from Blackpool lift off on most weekdays and weekend, weather permitting
• Minimum age is 16 years
• Maximum weight for 2 seater flights is 14 stone
• Maximum weight for 4 seater flights is 18 stone
• There is a maximum height of 6'6''
• 4 seater passengers are allowed at the pilots discretion
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch the flights
• There is an excellent lounge and bar on-site, open between 9.00am and 10.30pm, 7 days a week
• Hot and cold food is available to order through the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Blackpool Airport is ideal for anyone looking for flights from in the North East of England
• Within easy reach of Preston and Blackburn via the M6 and M55, Manchester and Liverpool are just over an hour away by car