• A pre-flight briefing and introduction to the aircraft before your selected flight duration
• You will get the chance to fly the aircraft for most of the lesson
• Four-seater flights allow up to three people to share the flight time with intermediate landings back at the airfield if you wish
• A personalised certificate after your flight
• Land-away experiences allow for a longer 90 minute flight duration in a two-seater split into 2x45 minute lessons landing at another airfield and practising navigation exercises
What Can I Expect
Enjoy multiple landings and take-off options at this Beverley Airfield club offering a range of flying lessons over the Yorkshire Wolds. This club actually owns and operates the airfield near Leven in Yorkshire, which means there are some great value flying lesson options for you to fly one-to-one with the instructor, or share the flying with up to two of your family members or friends.
In existence since 1930, the flying club has been based at Beverley (Linley) Airfield since 1991. The Yorkshire Wolds and coast are easily visible once you're in the air, as are the River Humber, the wind farm and the two reservoirs that help give visual guidance for pilots coming in to land. There is one single grass runway here and it's nestled in amongst the patchwork of farming fields that surround this delightful spot, away from controlled airspace and restricted flight paths.
This Yorkshire-based club offers the standard 30 and 60 minute flying lessons in a two seater light aircraft, but there are also a couple of stand-out options that make flying out of the airfield at Beverley rather unique. If you opt for the shared 60 minute flight in a four seat plane you'll get airborne and then make intermediate landings and take-offs at the airfield, so up to three of you can rotate and sit at the controls and have a go at flying the plane - great fun and you get to fly with your friends too!
There is also a 90 minute land-away experience, where you fly on your lesson to another airfield in or around the Yorkshire area, land and after a short break, take off again for your return flight to the airfield at Beverley. On both the outward and return legs, you will practise navigation exercises to find your way to and from the airports and there's lots of time to fly the plane yourself - perfect for those who want a real insight into light aircraft flying and time to chat to your instructor.
On all experiences you will receive a pre-flight safety briefing and be shown around the cockpit controls. Beverley Airfield, near Leven, is a quiet and relaxed aerodrome where you can be assured of excellent customer service during your flying lesson from staff who know this pretty Yorkshire airfield inside out. Another amazing flying lesson from IntotheBlue!
• Experiences are available on both weekdays and weekends
• All flights are subject to weather conditions and aircraft availability
• There is no minimum age at this airfield
• Consent of a parent or guardian is required for anyone under 18
• Maximum limits for two-seater flights are 18 stone and 6'6"
• Those above these limits can usually be accommodated in the four-seater (additional fees apply)
• Photographic ID may be requested
• Passenger numbers on four-seater flights are subject to overall weight limits and are at the discretion of the club
• Spectators are welcome
• There is a clubhouse onsite serving tea, coffee and light snacks
• Trial flights include complimentary refreshments for participants and spectators
• Close by is the market town of Beverley with a number of restaurants and attractions
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• These flights depart from Beverley (Linley Hill) Airfield in Yorkshire
• This airfield is within easy reach of York and Hull