• A series of three 1 hour flying lessons
• A pilots log book and aircraft inspection checklist
• All lessons start with a classroom briefing with your pilot in addition to the flying time
• Each of the lessons will be logged and will count towards the total hours needed should you wish continue studying for your Private Pilots Licence
What Can I Expect
If becoming a pilot is a real ambition, these great value pilot packs provide the perfect introduction to the wonderful world of aviation. With three lots of one hour lessons on offer, this deal will certainly put you on the right track to being a pilot. If you simply just want to 'have a go', we've got single flying lessons too.
As any pilot instructor will tell you, the more often you fly, the faster you will learn to become a pilot. Students going for their Private Pilot's Licence are advised to train at least once a week, so with this trio of lessons that are available at pilot training schools around the country, you'll be making an excellent start.
So, with a fully qualified instructor pilot by your side, will you become a flying ace? You certainly don't need superhuman skills, but a certain dexterity is a must, along with patience and practice. Which is why these packs are so great, as you get to experience and engage in six take offs and landings as you take advantage of the three individual lessons offered.
You will also make a start on the conventional syllabus for any student training to become a licensed pilot, namely co-ordinated constant heading, steady airspeed and stable altitude flight and starting to practice climbs and descents. You may also get to try altitude turns to headings at 15 and 30 degrees, all with a constant speed and direction.
As well as the time in the air, you will also get a taste of the other side what it takes to become a fully trained pilot, the ground school. This is where, in a classroom of the pilot centre, you will learn about meteorology, navigation, aerodynamics and aircraft systems - all essential facts and knowledge needed when becoming a proficient pilot with sound judgement and good decision-making skills when flying.
Your first steps to becoming a pilot will be taken in a dual-controlled aircraft, typically a two seater Cessna. Our packages include your instruction, a log book and aircraft inspection checklist - in fact, everything you need to start your training to become a PPL certified pilot to be able to hire and fly light aircraft. Imagine being able to take off and have a superb mini daytrip in a light aircraft piloted by you!
• Lessons are weather dependent and are usually available on weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air traffic delays and weather considerations
• Minimum age is 16
• All under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Maximum weight limit is 17 stone
• Maximum height 6ft ins
• You will need to provide two forms of identity including a photo id, e.g. a passport
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch your first forays into becoming a pilot from the ground
• Clubs offer different levels of facilities, however most have a clubhouse providing toilets, viewing areas and refreshments.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All pilot lessons take place at Civil Aviation Authority approved centres
• All lessons must be taken at the same location
• Flight times are 'chock to chock', ie. from when the plane starts to taxi to when it switches off at the end of the flight
• If you wish to achieve a private pilots licence you'll need to complete at least 45 hours of flight training and complete theory exams, your chosen flight centre will be able to advise you on the additional costs involved
* Upminster, Essex flights are taken in a light sports aircraft classed as a microlight
* Stratford Upon Avon flights are taken in a powered glider
• Co Durham, Darlington
• Essex, North Weald
• Essex, Upminster*
• Lincolnshire, Langworth
• Peterborough, Wansford
• Staffordshire, Burton on Trent
• South Yorkshire, Doncaster
• Wolverhampton, Stourbridge
• North Lanarkshire, Cumbernauld
• Renfrewshire, Glasgow (a £15 supplement is payable per flight for this location)