A Spitfire flight simulator session
• Welcome, introduction and briefing
• Choose from a one or two hour session
• The one hour flight is a mission starting in the air and the two hour experience includes take off, dog fights and landing
• Select your own mission ranging from the London Blitz to dogfights over Kent, Southern England or France
• Refreshments are included
• The simulator has a fixed base with replica controls and surround sound
What Can I Expect
A session on this Spitfire simulator will take you right back to wartime Britain. Climb into the cockpit of this simulator and get ready to fly your Supermarine Spitfire to the limits. It’s time to see if you’ve got the gusto to be an RAF hero.
Summer 1940. The Battle of Britain is raging. The German Luftwaffe is conducting nightly bombing raids on strategic English sites and cities. Fighter squadrons are on high alert. Young pilots are scrambled on courageous missions. Ground crews work tirelessly to keep the aeroplanes flying. This is World War Two and you’re right in the middle of it all on this Spitfire simulator.
Your mission is of your choosing. Will you be taking on Messerschmitt 109s heading over the English Channel escorting German bombers intent on dropping their bombs? Is a sortie over London during the Blitz on the cards? Everything is possible with this fantastically realistic simulator.
In fact, the cockpit of this simulator is an exact copy of a Spitfire, right down to the RAF roundels on the side and the German Luftwaffe cross ‘kill markings’ on the port side of the cockpit. Inside you’ll be surprised at how basic they are compared to modern commercial airliners and the latest RAF fighter jets. It’s also quite a tight fit in there too, but this is just how it would’ve been for those valiant WW2 pilots.
The simulator itself is fixed base, with high quality graphics and surround sound. You can select your RAF base from the full list of airfields. All of them are in the database of this sim and appear exactly as they would have in 1940, right down to the wartime military ground vehicles that would have been trundling around.
There are endless other variables too. The most popular sortie is a bit of air-to-air combat with the Luftwaffe. You can select how many enemy aircraft you want to see on your tail and even the difficulty level of the aerial dogfight that’s about to commence. Will you fly your Spitfire back to base as the hero of the hour, or will you limp back with structural damage after taking a hit?
The operator of this Spitfire simulator is an expert provider of simulated aircraft experiences. The team of current and ex-commercial airline pilots have done a great job creating this very realistic Spitfire cockpit, using software that immerses you into wartime and that intense Battle of Britain atmosphere as soon as it’s chocks away.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Experiences are subject to availability
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Not suitable if you have heart problems or epilepsy
• You must bring photographic ID on the day
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Maximum Height 6ft 2ins
• A maximum of 3 spectators are permitted in the simulator room
• Additional guests can wait in the reception area
• Minimum spectator age 10
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Henley in Arden, Warwickshire
• The venue is situated in 500 acres of farmland with views of the Warwickshire countryside