• Take the controls of an ex RAF F-4 Phantom simulator and fly a mission under the guidance of an experienced instructor sitting alongside the cockpit
• After a 25 minute pre-flight briefing you'll climb into the ejector seat of the front cockpit and take the controls for the duration of your chosen flight time - 20,40, 60 or 2x30 minutes
• The simulator combines detailed visual systems, surround sound and hydraulic motion to recreate a realistic flying experience
• After the flight you'll receive a de-briefing and be presented with a personalised souvenir certificates
• Sessions can usually be tailored to existing flying ability so it doesn't matter if you have never flown before or are an experienced pilot
• 20 minute flights will give you a real taste of the controls however longer flights will allow a wider range of situations to be simulated e.g. a 60 minute flight provides enough time to experience day and night landings, aircraft carrier landings, bad weather, air turbulence and even in-flight emergencies
• Dads and lads 'duo' sessions are a great way to share the fun with 30 minutes of flying time each
What Can I Expect
Although it's a simulator, this fighter jet experience in Yorkshire is the real deal and one of the best in the UK! With a once-operational air force Phantom F4 cockpit being used, you will feel like a proper jet fighter pilot - especially as the high-tech simulator module is mounted on a hydraulic motion platform, so you will move like a fighter jet and sound like one too!
This top of the range fighter jet simulator experience offers day and night vision (ideal for top secret flights over the UK), as well as plethora of exciting missions, such as landing and taking off from a aircraft carrier in the sea, or touch and go manoeuvres at military airbases, all accompanied by the sounds and motions of flying a real fighter jet plane.
The Mach 2.0 McDonnell Douglas-designed F4 Phantom is one of the most famous fighter jets in the UK and worldwide and this Ferranti Systems simulator has trained many an RAF pilot. The cockpit is the genuine article, right down to the Martin Baker ejector seats and for your fighter jet experience you'll even have the opportunity to try on genuine RAF fighter jet pilot uniforms complete with Mae West life preserver and 'bone dome' flying helmet - impressive stuff!
We are offering a range of fighter jet experiences for you to choose from. All sessions start with a sign in and meeting your pilot instructor who knows every nook and cranny of this feisty military jet. But don't forget, you will be the one in the hot seat, so don't be put off by all the lights, knobs and dials you've got a seriously hefty yet agile jet to get airborne and land again!
All fighter jet experiences we offer include a full 25 minute pre-flight briefing and you can choose 20, 40 or 60 minutes of flying time, whilst the Dads and Lads experience offers 30 minutes of fighter jet sim action to each of you to give that extra competitive edge to your flying performance. If you know someone who is hooked on flight simulator computer games, then they will absolutely love this fully hydraulic simulated fighter jet experience. Don't forget to check out the other simulators IntotheBlue have to offer on our main flight simulators page.
• Flights are usually available 9.00 to 5.00 everyday except Sundays and Bank Holidays
• Minimum age is 12
• There is no maximum age
• Expectant mothers are advised not to fly in the simulators
• Guests are welcome but cannot view the activity, take photos or ride onboard the simulator
• There is a comfortable lounge area with complimentary tea and coffee
• An A4 photograph of the experience can be provided by the venue for a fee of £15 payable on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Near Harrogate in North Yorkshire
• The venue has good access from junctions 47/48 of the A1(M) and is within easy reach of Leeds, Bradford and York