• Enjoy the experience of wing walking
• Full pre-flight briefing and training with detailed instructions on use of the rig and belts, breathing techniques and hand signals
• Stand on the wing of an authentic Boeing Stearman Biplane as a highly qualified pilot completes a variety of flypasts and manoeuvres
• Receive a personalised wing walk experience certificate
• Allow spending up to 90 minutes on site, the flight itself will last 10 minutes
• Invite up to 50 friends or family to watch your wingwalk experience
• Optional recording of your flight will be available, two high resolution cameras fitted to the aircraft creating a two picture split screen video including pilot commentary, airspeed and altitude for £50 (payable direct)
Please note that it is a condition of CAA approval that you must be fully aware that Wing Walking carries a higher risk than a normal commercial flight (e.g when you fly on holiday). The operator of these experiences will brief you clearly on the risks that have been identified and how they have been mitigated to make the experiences as safe as possible. You will receive an in depth briefing on the day of your flight and have the opportunity to ask any questions before signing a disclaimer, confirmation of briefing and risk acceptance.
If at any point up to the aircraft engine start up you decide not to proceed you are entitled to cancel the experience and receive a refund.
What Can I Expect
EXCLUSIVE to IntoTheBlue - wing walking in Essex! Experience the thrill of wing walking from this private aerodrome in the heart of Essex.
You will certainly be the star of the skies, as you are able to invite friends and family to watch your wing walking experience over the skies of Essex as you fly strapped to the top wing of a Boeing Stearman bi-plane. Before you get airborne, you'll practice the moves and techniques to become a wing walker on a ground-based training session, including learning all about hand signals, using the rig and harness set up on the wing.
Once attached onto the wing for your walk, you're ready for your intense 10 minute flight of fancy in front of your gathered friends. You'll be wowing the expectant crowd with low-level fly pasts from varying angles of approach, taking a thrilling dive and brave a zoom-climb manoeuvre before finishing your wing walk with a run and break finale - all at speeds of up to 135mph, with you standing on the top wing!
Don't forget, you won't find this wing walking out of Essex on any other activity gift voucher website. This is a truly exclusive wing walk experience gift for anyone you know who is brave enough to have a go. Note: although a popular gift for men this particular activity has weight restrictions which exclude anyone weighing over 12 stone 2lbs from participating.
• Flights are available between April and October
• Midweek vouchers are available on Tuesday to Thursday
• Anytime vouchers are valid for use Tuesday to Sunday
• Flights can be scheduled to take place between 10am and 4pm
• Numbers for each date are limited and operate on a first come first serve basis
• All flights are weather dependant, if your display is cancelled due to poor weather an alternative date will be arranged
Please be aware that wing walking carries a higher risk than a 'normal' airline flight and these risks will be clearly explained to you on the day
• Wing Walkers must be between 18 and 75 years old
• Anyone aged between 65 and 75 must supply a doctors note
• You must be over 5ft tall (152cm)
• You must weigh less than 12 stone 2 lb (77kg)
• You need to be able to climb up to the top wing of the aircraft (around 10 feet)
• You cannot take part if you have or are suffering from Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, blackouts, fainting or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction
• If you have any pre existing medical conditions which you feel may prevent you from taking part you should consult your doctor
• All wingwalkers will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to taking part
• You will be securely attached to the aircraft at all times using a purpose built CAA approved harness and rig
• You should wear a couple of layers of close fitting comfortable clothing and flat soled lace up footwear
• Earplugs and goggles are provided
• Jewellery will need to be removed for the display
• Pets are not allowed on the airfield
• You cannot consume alcohol or drugs before a flight, tests my be applied if you are suspected of breaking these rules
• You can invite up to 50 guests to watch
• Great opportunities for photographs and video recordings to be taken
• The airfield has a club house with an outside spectator area providing
• Car parking, toilets and catering facilities are located on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This experience is approved by the CAA and you are permitted to raise money or be sponsored whilst wing walking at this location
• Damyns Hall airfield near Upminster in Essex
• The airfield is around 8 mins drive from the Dartford Crossing with easy access from the A13 and junctions 29 or 30 of the M25
• Upminster Railway and Underground Station (District Line) are around 2 and a half miles away