Evening Wine Tastings
• Join a small group and taste 6 different high quality wines under the guidance of a qualified wine specialist
Choose from the following two hour evening courses:
• Demystifying Wine London
• Know Your Classic Grapes
• Matching Food & Wine
Saturday Introductory Wine Course
• A day course where you'll taste 14 high quality wines of different styles and varieties from around the world
• Learn how wine is made, styles of wine, grape varieties, how to taste wine, faults in wines, serving wines, matching food and wine and choosing wine in shops and restaurants
What Can I Expect
If you love wine, but don’t know your Chardonnay from your Shiraz, then an evening or even a full day spent wine tasting in London is the perfect vintage treat. During these convivial sessions you’ll learn lots about wine - from how it's made, to which bottle to choose to go with your meal.
London, with its cosmopolitan scene, is unsurprisingly one of the most popular locations we offer for wine tastings and what a superb venue it is. Held at the sumptuous Danubius Hotel Regents Park, each wine tasting session is led by experts from the wine production industry, who have years of experience in the subtleties of good viticulture (winemaking, to you and us) between them.
We are offering a choice of three evening wine tasting experiences at this wonderful London establishment. 'Matching food and wine' shows you that wine appreciation isn't just about liking the taste of wine (that's the easy bit!). The real skill is being able to choose which wines go with which foods and this workshop will ensure that the next time you're invited for a meal, or are throwing a a dinner party yourself, you'll make the perfect wine choice.
If you've ever wondered why there are three colours of wine, how wines can be sweet or dry, or even asked yourself why wines vary in alcohol content, you'll find all the answers on the 'Demystifing wine' London course. The third tasting workshop, 'Know your classic grapes' aims to teach you how to identify the different qualities of various grapes. As well as well-known Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, this session looks at other varieties such as Viognier and Sangiovese. The distinctive flavours that some of these less well known vines bring to the wine tasting table are sure to astonish you and our fun and informative London workshop will leave you eager for more.
Those picking the full day London experience will taste 14 quality wines from around the world that will be used as a basis to discuss topics including the basics of wine tasting, how wine is made, styles of wine, wine's ability to mature, how to serve wine, matching food and wine, reading wine labels and identifying faults with wine. Never again will you be left sniffing a bottle wondering if it is corked, or make a faux pas by ordering the wrong wine with dinner!
Spirits are sure to be high with such a sparkling array of wines and courses on offer, so after your day or evening wine tasting in London workshop comes to a close and the night is but young, why not keep the momentum going and head into London for dinner and maybe another glass of wine to taste?
• Evening Courses run on selected weekdays from 7pm-9pm
• Day Courses run on selected Saturdays from 11am-5pm with 1 hour break for lunch (not included)
• Sessions are not available in July and August
• Minimum age 18
• Please note that driving after this experience should be avoided
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Danubius Hotel Regents Park, London