• Board the vessel from Thames Side, Windsor
• A three course set menu with Fairtrade tea of coffee
• Recorded commentary of the sights on the lunch cruise and Jazz music on the Sunday lunch cruise
What Can I Expect
Embark on a Windsor lunch cruise for the most pleasant way to see this Royal Borough! Of all the places to eat in Windsor, a luncheon afloat has got to trump them all for setting and views. As you float gently along the Thames, a three course lunch will be served at your table. Good company, good food and a superb little river cruise around Windsor - what more could you ask for?
Setting off from Thameside in the heart of Windsor, these daytime cruises are superb for combining sightseeing with a nice meal. The Sunday lunch option makes that traditional family get together meal even more special and is also available on Bank Holidays too.
There is so much to see on a river cruise through Windsor. Life here revolves around the Thames, with waterside walks, boating clubs and gorgeous private homes lining the banks. It’s all steeped in history too, with pretty every period of architecture represented, much of which you’ll see on your river cruise. Windsor Castle is Norman, the Guildhall dates back to the Stuart period and there are numerous fine houses built during the Victorian period.
And indeed, if you arrive by train from London’s Waterloo, Windsor & Eton Riverside is a fine example of Victorian architecture and literally just around the corner from your river cruise departure point. Incidentally, these lunch cruises are operated by Bateaux Windsor, sister company to the famous Thames dining cruise company in the capital.
The vessel you’ll be cruising along the Thames in Windsor is called Melody. She’s a lovely, classic-looking river cruiser, with curved glass panoramic windows and a nice intimate setting with no more than 48 passengers on these luncheon cruise departures. Bateaux is well-known for its modern European meets classic English-style cuisine, with seasonal dishes and a lovely presentation.
The staff will look after you from the moment you step aboard for your Windsor lunch cruise, to when you leave the boat. With plenty of time onboard to enjoy the views of historic Windsor from the water, we think this has got to be the best place to have a lunch in Windsor - and it’s one that’s on the move!
• Board at 12:00, depart at 12:15, disembarkation at 13:45
• Every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
Sunday Lunch Cruise
• Board at 11:30, depart at 11:45, disembarkation at 14:15
• Every Sunday and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
• Please note Cruises are now fully booked for the 2018 season
• January - March 2019 only Saturdays and Sundays available
• There is a no smoking permitted during the cruise
• Children under 3 years of age are not allowed onboard
• Dress code is smart casual, no shorts or trainers
• There is a separate menu available for customers with specific dietary requirements, advance booking is required
• There is a maximum capacity of 40
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Board at Thames Side, Windsor, SL4