• A Kayak experience for two people with bubbly
• Safety briefing and introduction to kayaking
• Paddle your way on the River Thames to Windsor
• En route historical knowledge and information on various spots on the river
• Highlights include views of Eton College and Windsor Castle
• Glass of prosecco each to mark the occasion
• The tour is two hours in duration
• You will form part of a small group for this experience
• Tours are guided by British Canoe Union instructors
What Can I Expect
Here is your chance to take to the Thames for a captivating kayak tour for two. This VIP trip around Windsor is a truly magnificent experience, which will be made extra special as you will be celebrating your efforts with a nice glass of bubbly. During your kayaking experience you will witness some of the most famous sights on this part of the River Thames, from an unusual vantage point on the water.
Before you launch with paddle in hand, your fully British Canoe Union qualified instructor will get you kitted out in complete safety gear, including a buoyancy aid. Then it’s time for a short briefing on what your tour entails and tips on kayaking before hitting the water.
Once out on the river, these solo touring recreational kayaks are really quite stable, enabling you to enjoy the sightseeing aspect of the tour, as well as the thrill of trying a new sport. The experience of drifting down the Thames is something you’ll want to try again and again.
As you leave the slipway on this peaceful kayak tour of Windsor, your fully trained guide will point out the sights, such as the bird sanctuary right opposite your launch location, the prestigious Eton College and its boathouse and you'll soon realise looking at all these landmarks from the gentle Thames waters give you a completely new perspective on things - you could say this kayaking tour gives you a duck's eye view!
Not to mention the main attraction of this tour; the medieval Windsor Castle, one of the most imposing and most visited castles in the country. As you enjoy your unrivalled view of Windsor Castle, it is interesting to note that it is the oldest inhabited castle in Europe. Now we think that is well worth toasting!
So don’t delay, book a memorable kayak tour of Windsor courtesy of Into The Blue today and get paddling in your kayak on this lovely stretch of the Thames river.
• Available daily throughout the year
• Times may vary according to seasonal light
• Participants should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to course time
• Minimum age 9
• Prosecco not available for under 18s
• All under 18's must be supervised by a participating adult
• Minimum height 1.2 metres and maximum weight 120 kg
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear comfortable clothes (avoid jeans) suitable for physical activity in kayaks
• Rain jackets (limited stocks for hire at a charge) and fleeces are recommended
• Wet suits may be advantage in cooler weather
• A change of clothing in case you get wet and a towel
• Trainers or crocs should be worn in the kayak
• Avoid open toe/slip off shoes and flip flops
• You are advised to take plasters, fingerless gloves, sun screen and bottled water
• There is car parking at the leisure centre meeting point where toilets and cafe facilities may also be found
• Valuables may be stored/locked in the company van or in dry bags in the hatches of the kayaks
• River Thames
• The meeting point will be at the Windsor Leisure Centre, Windsor by the slipway under the bridge on the A332