• 50-60 Minute Duck Tour of Windsor
• View many of Windsor's most famous sights in an amphibious vehicle
• You will form part of a group of up to 26 participants
• Vouchers are valid for either of the following tours
Road, River Splash Tour
• Circle the castle and the Crown Estate
• Time is split approximately 50/50 between water and road
River Splash Tour
• Head straight to the river for extra water time!
What Can I Expect
All aboard the amphibious vehicle for these fun Windsor duck tours! These funny looking contraptions are a cross between a boat and a sort of military bus, which is why we reckon you could call them busboats. And despite their rather unusual looks, they are actually really, really practical and agile, as they're capable of moving on water and on land. Isn’t it time you got your wings on an amphibious tour of Windsor?
Without doubt when it comes to things to do in Windsor, this has to be one of the most fun ways to tour Windsor. The duck is big, bold and bright yellow, so you can’t miss it when it passes you on the cobbled streets of this most Royal of towns. The departure point is pretty easy to find too. It’s alongside the standard bus stops opposite the Royal Theatre at the foot of Windsor’s famous castle. But this no ordinary stop - this is the Duck Stop!
Before you can board this madcap amphibious vehicle for your tour, the duck crew will lower the folding steps at the rear of the duck. You then climb up and into the rear of the cab, where there are seats for 26 passengers. On land you feel really high up and for some unknown reason, it’s pretty hard to resist waving at everyone you pass as your trundle along in your duck.
One of the best bits of your duck tour is the moment you drive down the Windsor slipway and just keep on going into the water. Before you know it you’re floating like a boat. You’re a lot lower down now and you get fab views out of the large openings. And yes, we say openings, as the duck doesn’t have windows (this is an ex-military vehicle after all!). That means brilliant unrestricted views for you. But don’t worry, if it is drizzling, there are roll down perspex blinds to keep the rain off you.
Whilst the Duck Commander is at the helm gently cruising the Thames past Windsor’s best bits and most famous sights, the Duck Guide will be on the microphone regaling you. Prepare yourself for pearls of wisdom, local insider facts and anecdotes, rather than a history lesson from this cheeky chappy. Indeed, just like these Windsor duck tours themselves, the tour commentary will be entertaining and certainly something different!
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• During peak times up to 8 tours are available with between 2-3 off peak
• Morning and afternoon sessions are available
• Adult voucher are valid for ages 16 and above
• Child vouchers are valid for ages 12 and under
• Student vouchers are valid for 13-16 year olds
• Family tickets are for a family of up to 4 (2 adults and 2 children aged 16 and under)
• Due to the nature of the vehicle all passengers must be able to climb the 5 steps to board
• Well behaved dogs can attend at the discretion of the skipper
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Tours depart from 'The Duck Stop' opposite the Theatre Royal, Windsor