• A two and a half hour dinner cruise seeing the sights of Windsor
• A five course a la carte menu
• Fairtrade tea or coffee
What Can I Expect
Sit back and relax as you glide along the river on this Windsor dinner cruise! So much more than just a boat trip, these evening dinner departures are truly an occasion to dress up for. Reserve your table and invite your loved ones to join you for luxury dining in Windsor with a difference.
Boating on the Thames in the Royal Borough of Windsor is a delightful pastime. It’s all very tranquil and civilised and lets you discover this lovely part of the world from the water. Indeed it’s fascinating to watch the sights slowly glide by, with a plethora of interesting buildings and landmarks to look for. One of the most prominent is, of course, the Queen’s residence Windsor Castle, which sits in the town centre atop a little hill to overlook the river.
These Windsor dinner cruises are operated by Bateaux Windsor on their good ship Melody. She’s a fine specimen of a boat for trips in Windsor, being small enough to offer an intimate dining experience for the 40 or so passengers, but large enough to have a really lovely atmosphere onboard.
As this is an evening dinner cruise, it’s the ideal excuse to get dressed up and really make the most of a night out on the water. The code is smart formal, as this is luxury dining in Windsor. As you board from Thameside on the south bank of the river, you will welcomed by the service team and the sailing crew. Welcome drink in hand, you’ll be guided to your table. All nicely laid out with starched white linens, it’s an inviting sight.
Melody boasts large, curved panoramic windows, offering the very best views of Windsor as you cruise and dine. The boat is quite low to the water too, so you really feel like you’re out on the water - but there’s nothing choppy about this boat trip, its all very smooth and actually quite serene.
As the murmur of chatter combines with the gentle rumble of the boat, the onboard staff provide attentive, yet discreet service, as you enjoy dining on your four course meal. The menu features classic and modern dishes, with seasonal touches and even Fair-trade teas and coffees. It’s the perfect setting to order a nice bottle of red and really relax into this dinner cruising experience around Windsor.
• Every Friday, Saturday and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
• Board at 19:00, depart at 19:30, disembarkation at 22:00
• January - March 2019 only Saturdays and Sundays available
• There is a no smoking policy onboard for the duration of the cruise, with the exception of the outside deck
• Children aged 12 and under are not allowed on board
• Dress code is smart to formal and gentlemen are encouraged to wear a jacket and tie, no jeans, shorts or trainers are allowed
• There is a separate menu available for customers with specific dietary requirements
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• For classic dinner cruises for more than 20 guests please call us
• A fixed menu or supplement for the a la carte menu will apply
• The cruises depart from and return to Thames Side, Windsor