• Sail along the River Thames taking in the sights of Windsor and the beautiful Berkshire countryside
• Enjoy a selection of finger sandwiches, cakes and pastries served with an assortment of teas
• Glass of Prosecco
• Cruises last for one hour 15 minutes
What Can I Expect
Now here’s a Windsor afternoon tea like no other - you’ll be partaking in High Tea on the river! We reckon the best afternoon tea in Windsor is this one, where you sit back, tuck in to those tasty treats and let the boat bring the sights to your window.
Windsor afternoon tea cruises board at the very civilised time of 15:00, setting sail at 15:15 - the perfect hour for a nice sit down over a cuppa. But of course, this is a rather sophisticated cruise, so there won’t just be tea, there’ll be a whole platter of delicious things for you to eat as you cruise.
You’ll see all the best sights of Windsor from your unique viewpoint of the River Thames. The pier is right beside Home Park, with its rugby, tennis, archery and athletes clubs. But they're not just sporty here in Windsor, there’s also the world-renowned Eton school on the opposite side of the river to Windsor, which has been a seat of education for hundreds of years.
Moving along upstream, you can’t miss the Queen’s favourite residence - Windsor Castle, perched on a hill near the town centre. Then there’s the lovely Alexandra Park with its wonderful footpaths around the flower beds, vintage cafe and bandstand. It’s all very quintessentially English in the Royal Borough of Windsor and the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon of tea and cakes on the river. You might even see the thoroughbreds out for a canter at the Windsor Race Course.
You will be sailing on the Willow Room. Her job is to transport you at a serene pace along the Thames. Seating a maximum of 40 afternoon tea takers means the ambiance is small and friendly, with excellent customer service from the smart onboard crew. And of course, she has been purpose designed and built for this sort of river cruising, ensuring comfort and great views through the large windows.
Whether you want to invite your nearest and dearest, treat your Mum, or just fancy a catch-up with the girls, a Windsor afternoon tea onboard Willow Room is a superb choice. With departures on Fridays and Saturdays, it’s a wonderful way to while away an afternoon in Windsor.
• January to March - Every Saturday
• April to December - Fridays and Saturdays
• Cruises do not take place on the following dates:
• Board at 15:00, depart at 15:15, disembark at 16:45
Cruises are not available on special event days and Bank Holidays:
• 27th, 28th & 29th December
• Valentines Day 14th February
• Festive Cruises (December 2020, dates to be confirmed)
• New Years Eve 31st December
• A smart casual dress code is required
• Children under the age of 3 are not permitted
• Pushchairs are not permitted onboard
• There is a no smoking policy onboard for the duration of the cruise, with the exception of the outside deck
• No wheelchair access
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Thames Side, Windsor, SL4