• White Water Stand up Paddleboarding Experience
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Take to the white water and learn how to run the rapids safely and effectively
• Wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets, paddles and paddleboards are included
• Half day sessions last around 3.5 hours and full day sessions last around 7 hours
• You will form part of a group of up to 10 people
What Can I Expect
Take on the rapids when you try white water paddle boarding! On this more extreme version of SUP you still paddle standing up, but rather than being out on the calm, flat waters, you’ll be on the whitewater rapids. This is a thrilling version of paddle boarding that’s a serious challenge.
Indeed, if you do happen to be a “grab ‘em by the horns" type of person, this rapid running white water paddleboarding experience is perfect for getting your adrenaline going. This centre in Wales is right on the River Dee, which boasts some rather nice white water sections that turns the gentle form of paddle boarding into a ferocious test of balance and, quite frankly, guts.
It might be worth us adding that you will need some physical endurance to be able to do this extreme version of SUP all day out on the whitewater, but if you have previous paddling experience it’s ideal. If not, the half day white water paddle board session might be just the ticket.
Of course, you won’t be straight in at the deep end and you might start off kneeling on the board in the faster flowing white waters before progressing to standing up. As you’d expect, all the gear and tuition from experienced paddler boarders are included for you, so with a bit of coaching and encouragement, we’re sure you’ll soon be tackling those swirls of water.
Those on the half day course will given a proper introduction to the sport so that you can begin your journey into the world of wild waters on your paddle board, with the essential safety procedures covered too. On the full day white water SUP session you will be coached to run rapids effectively. You'll be shown how to develop footwork, posture and paddle skills with the intention of progressing quickly as your confidence builds whilst you're out there.
All whitewater paddle boarding courses are run by BCU (British Canoe Union) certified instructors. Buoyancy aids, helmets and wetsuits, along with a board and paddle suitable for your height and build are provided for you. Time to see if you can take your SUPping to the next level!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available at 9:00 or 13:30
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to come along but viewing of the activity may be limited
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Llangollen, Wales