• Helicopter sightseeing tour
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• Flights are generally taken in an Airbus AS350 helicopter accommodating up to 5 passengers
• 25 mile flight lasting approx 15 minutes
• Explore the Eastern stretch of the heritage coastline
• Highlights include Chesil beach, Fleet Lagoon and St Catherine's Chapel
• Cruise down to the far end of Chisel beach with views of Weymouth and the Isle of Portland
Extended Weymouth Tour
• 45 mile flight lasting around 25 minutes
• Cover the coastline from Bridport, with views across the Fleet lagoon over Chesil beach. Look out for the Jurassic Skyline tower as you pass Weymouth Bay
• Fly onwards towards Durdle Door with glimpses of the famous Man O'War Beach and Lulworth Crumple
What Can I Expect
There is just so much to see on these Weymouth sightseeing flights! Beaches, harbours, lagoons, historic monuments and modern landmarks too - this wonderful part of the country really does have it all. That’s why there’s no better way to see all the sights in and around Weymouth than on a helicopter tour.
We are offering two tour itineraries for you. Both depart from a very lovely little dairy farm and farm shop near Bridport and in just 15 or 25-minutes of flying, you’ll get to see so much. Every which way you turn there are landmarks, both manmade and natural, that look absolutely amazing from the air.
Your flightpath takes you eastwards along the coastline in the direction of Weymouth. Your helicopter tour pilot will point out all the things to see. Of course, your exact route depends on the weather and air traffic conditions on the day, but in essence you’ll see the very best of this most popular part of the Dorset coast.
Mother Nature will be showing you her most treasured works, as you look down on the 18-mile long Chesil Beach. The shingle acts as a natural barrier to create the impressive Fleet Lagoon behind that runs from Abbotsbury to Ferry Bridge and out into Portland Harbour. And it’s all the more incredible when viewed from the chopper.
Then there’s the likes of St Catherine’s Chapel, the 14th century chapel built by monks, which is cared for by English Heritage. You might also see the colourful sub-tropical gardens and the swan sanctuary, as you soar towards Weymouth. With the Isle of Portland, its Jurassic Skyline attraction, Victorian harbour, fort and lovely traditional seaside atmosphere, Weymouth is a surefire family favourite resort. Passengers on the Extended Weymouth helicopter tour will continue in an easterly direction, to take in the sights between Weymouth and West Lulworth, before turning to head back to base.
If you love this stunning part of the English coastline, or perhaps you have fond memories of family holidays to Weymouth, these sightseeing flights by helicopter make for superb gifts and they are the perfect way to experience all the wonders of Weymouth and beyond.
• Selected weekdays and weekends from March to October
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 4
• Under 14s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone (if over 15 stone please advise prior to booking your date)
• Maximum height 6ft 3 ins
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Specific routes are subject to air traffic traffic and weather conditions
• Onsite toilets
• Refreshments can be purchased from the farm shop
• Flights depart from Burton Bradstock, near Bridport DT6