• Choose between a 25, 50 or 75 clay shoot
• After a short safety briefing, under full tuition from an experienced instructor you will practise shooting the clays
• Gun hire and ear protection is provided on the day at no extra cost
• A selection of 12 bore over and under, side by side, single barrel and semi automatic guns are available
What Can I Expect
Take aim at 25, 50 or 75 targets when you go clay pigeon shooting in Pembrokeshire! It’s destination West Wales for this clay shooting, to a tranquil spot in the heart of the Welsh countryside, surrounded by fishing lakes and woodland. We can’t think of a more appealing setting for a session of shooting.
Indeed, if you’re looking for things to do in West Wales, clay pigeon shooting has to be up there at the top of the list. It’s something different, it’s out in the great outdoors and in the fresh air. And above all, it’s really, really satisfying when you smash a clay to a zillion pieces.
And that’s exactly what makes this experience so much fun. Your hosts cater for all levels, including children as young as 12 years. So whether you are a complete newbie who’s never handled a shotgun before, or your a bit of a self-confessed gun-slinger, the sessions will be geared to your ability. That means everyone should be hitting at least a few targets, be it an easy hit or a tricky trajectory.
What’s more, this Pembrokeshire is not a shooting club, so all events are bespoke and operate on private land. Roger has been running clay events here since 2006 and has an excellent knowledge of the lay of the land and is, naturally, something of a hotshot too! In fact, as well as being a CPSA (Clay Pigeon Shooting Association) member, he’s also a sporting referee and safety officer too, so you know you’re in good hands.
As for the equipment, it’s all provided for you. Most guests shoot with an over and under double-barrelled shotgun, although side and even semi-automatics might also be available. There are a variety of stands and traps set up around this West Wales site, so there’ll be something for all abilities to get their teeth into.
One thing we must say about clay shooting in Pembrokeshire is that we recommend you wear wellies or sturdy boots, as it can get quite muddy out there, after all, this is the Welsh countryside at it’s best, making it perfect for a shoot!
• Shooting experiences are available Monday-Saturday throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• There is a minimum age of 12 years old
• All under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn, wellingtons or sturdy boots are recommended
• Cardigan, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire