• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• Flights are taken in either a Robinson R44 helicopter that can accommodate 3 passengers
Gold 'n' Beaches
• 15 minute flight
• Follow the coast to the seaside resort of Barmouth. Spectacular views of the mountain of Cadair Idris
• Head back to Llanbedr flying over the village of Bontddu
Coast, Magic & Mountains
• 30 minute flight
• Head North along the coast to the stunning Harlech Castle and on to Portmeirion
• From Capel Curig you will fly South, passing over the castle at Dolwddelan
• Pass Blaenau Ffestiniog before heading cack to Llanbedr with great views of Shell Island
What Can I Expect
Be wowed on these Welsh coast sightseeing flights from Llanbedr! Fly over the gorgeous Gwynedd country and coastline in an executive helicopter departing from Llanbedr Airfield. You'll experience the thrill of riding in a heli combined with some of the best Welsh views you can get!
We’ve got two itineraries for you to choose from. You can head off on the 15-minute ‘Gold ‘n’ Beaches’ tour, or go for the 30-minute ‘Coast, Magic & Mountains’ trip. Both are packed to the brim with wonderful landmarks and sights to see, as you’re between the Gwynedd coast and Snowdonia National Park for these flights.
There’s sure to be gold in them there Welsh hills, as they say, on the ‘Gold ‘n’ Beaches’ tour. Well, there was. You’ll soar over the former Clogau Gold Mine, which has closed, but still provides gold for wedding rings for members of the Royal family. It really does hark back to age of Wales’s very own gold rush in the late 1800s around the Bontddu area.
Then there are legends galore as you head to the coast. From tales of giants on Cadair Idris mountain, to bottomless lakes, this flight path over Gwynedd has it all, not forgetting the lovely beaches.
The 30-minute flight gives you more of the coast, more of the mountains and more of the magic. Your extended sightseeing flight from Llanbedr will see you head to heart of the Snowdonia National Park - and if you get lucky the clouds might stay away from summit to give you a view of this famous 1035m peak.
Keep your eyes open for all the country houses and castles too. From Dolwyddelan and Harlech, it’s incredible to see it all from your VIP seat in the chopper. As you fly over Blaenau Ffestiniog (the town famous for mining and it’s heritage railway) see if you can spot Shell Island, the picturesque peninsula that certainly lives up to its name, before you land back at Llanbedr.
• Selected weekdays and weekends between April and October
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Llanbedr Airfield, Llanbedr, Gwynedd