• A weekday balloon flight lasting around one hour
• Allow three hours on site for the whole experience
• The chance to assist with the inflation and deflation of the balloon
• Some locations offer a glass of champagne on landing with others offering slightly longer flights
• Flights operate with baskets holding between 8 and 16 people
What Can I Expect
Float away over the lovely countryside with these best value weekday ballon flights! If you can make it on a mid-week date, you'll enjoy a fabulous hot air ballon flight for less. You get all the views, all the fun and all the adventure without paying extra for going on a weekend.
We are offering these mid-week hot air ballon flights from take off venues the length and breadth of the UK. There are around 100 of them, so no matter where you are in the country, there’ll be a balloon site somewhere near you.
Flights are very much weather dependent, but everyone agrees ballooning is well worth the wait. With these weekday flights, balloons generally take off early in the morning and late in the afternoon as these periods typically offer the most clement weather conditions - and the best light in our opinion!
You’ll be joined in the basket by up to 15 other passengers, all eager to enjoy the sensations of ballon flight with you. Your pilot will be an expert balloonist, who not only knows the workings of a balloon inside out, they are also very knowledgeable on the places you’ll be flying over and excellent at putting nervous first-timers at ease. Even those who aren’t keen on heights will enjoy the chance to get airborne in a hot air balloon. Indeed it’s such a different sensation to anything else.
What’s more, you can be as hands-on or hands-off as you like, but most guests love getting involved at the start of their experience helping the pilot and ground crew inflate the balloon. And after a calm and serene flight, prepare for some fun as you seek out a landing spot, which could be in a stubbly field, or a pasture recently vacated by cattle! It’s all very much part of the experience.
Having helped pack up the balloon, you’ll be taken back to your original take off spot. With lots of thanks spoken and goodbyes all done, you’ll head off with a huge smile on your face. Time to reflect on the day you made the very most of your weekday balloon flight, ‘stepping off the Earth for a while to see the world from a different perspective’, as balloonists say!
• Weekdays (excluding Bank Holidays) from March/April to October/November at most venues
• Flights generally operate at dusk or dawn
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Please book at least four weeks in advance
• Balloon flights rely on suitable wind speed and weather, if you are unlucky with the weather you can rebook another date with the Balloon operator
• All flights are provided by certified CAA approved operators
• Minimum age 8
• Under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Minimum height 4'6"
• Not suitable for pregnant women
• Any medical conditions must be declared in advance
• Spectators are welcome free of charge to watch, but there are no special or separate facilities for spectators at the launch site
• Once airborne, spectators can follow the balloon if they wish at their own risk, however following the ground crew vehicle is not recommended
• If spectators arrive at the landing site, they must seek permission from the ground crew to enter the site.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Wear sensible outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear. Bring a hat and remember launch sites may be muddy in Spring and Autumn
• Balloon flights rely on suitable winds and weather. If your flight is cancelled due to the weather you can rebook another date with the Balloon operator. Should your flight be postponed by the operator on 5 or more occasions in a one year period, they will extend the voucher, free of charge, to include the next three months of the main flying season, and, if necessary, further extensions will be given provided you continue to make a reasonable attempt to fly. If your flight is not taken within this period you may lose your entitlement. However, vouchers can be extended for a further 12 months if you contact the operator before the expiry date (£50 per person fee applies).
• Specific Launch sites within the areas may vary and will be decided upon by the operator to suit weather conditions on the day
• Locations are subject to change
• Bath - Bath City
• Bristol - Bristol City
• Berkshire* - Reading and Padworth
• South Buckinghamshire - Great Missenden and Quainton
• Cheshire - Chester, Nantwich and Whitchurch
• Cornwall - Launceston
• Derbyshire - Rowsley, Tissington Hall and Clover Fields Caravan Park
• Devon - Exeter, Plymouth, Tiverton
• Dorset - Sherbourne, Shaftesbury, Blanford
• Gloucestershire - Evesham, Moreton in Marsh
• Hampshire (North) - Basingstoke, Hartley Wintney
• Hampshire (South)* - Winchester, Micheldever, Alton, West Meon
• Hereforshire - Eastnor Castle (Nr Leadury), Worcester Racecourse
• Hertfordshire - Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Watford, Tring
• Kent - Paddock Wood, Bewl Water
• Monmouthshire - Llanarth, Tintern, Monmouth
• Norfolk - Norwich
• Oxfordshire (South)* - Oxford
• Shropshire - Whitchurch, Nantwich
• Somerset - Taunton, Castle Cary, Yeovil
• Staffordshire - Shugborough Hall, Trentham and Stone
• Suffolk - Eye (nr Diss)
• Sussex (East) - Ashdown Park Hotel, Hickstead & Patcham
• Surrey* - Farnham, Godalming, Guildford
• Warwickshire - Warwick, Stratford upon Avon, Morton in Marsh, Evesham
• Wiltshire - Larmer Tree Gardens and Tollard Royal
• Worcestershire - Worcester Racecourse, Eastnor Castle
• Yorkshire - York
*not available for weekday mornings