• Arrive for lunch in the restaurant with other tour participants
• Guided tour of the vineyards and winery and tutored wine tasting
• Time to browse in the shop or explore the grounds
• Coffee in the restaurant or on the terrace
• Leave with a bottle of award winning wine per person
• Allow up to 4 hours on site
What Can I Expect
Indulge yourselves with an afternoon out at Chapel Down, enjoying some of the finest wine tasting in Kent! This well-known vineyard is a sleek operation that aims very, very high when it comes to quality of its wines and by opening the doors to let you in to their state of the art winery, you'll see just why Chapel Down is the big success that it is, having won many tourism and wine industry awards to boot.
Guests are invited to gather at midday in the reception area before being shown to the delightful Kentish-barn style restaurant The Swan, where you'll enjoy luncheon from a selected menu, which will be accompanied, of course, by a glass of Chapel Down's finest Kent English wine for you to taste.
After this nice leisurely lunch, you'll have time to get a little bit of fresh air with a stroll around the vines, before your guide meets you at 13:30 in the vineyard shop to escort you to the vineyards. Over the next hour or so the cycle of the vine growing year will be explained to you, as you explore some of the 22 acres of vines planted here in Kent, to give you a taste of what working in a vineyard involves.
The guided tour will then move into the state of the art winery here in Kent where your host will lead you through the winemaking process from press right through to adding the label to the bottle at the end of the line. What's particularly impressive is that even the French have a taste for this Kent-produced wine as you'll discover it is on sale in Paris, as well as Hong Kong and many high-end British hotels.
Finally, you will return to the shop for a tasting of a selection of approximately five award winning Kent red, white and sparkling wines. The session is tutored, so you'll hear about the origins of the wines, the palate of flavours and how to properly taste the fruits of this Kent-based team's labour.
Once your guided tour and wine tasting in Kent comes to a close, you are free to explore the herb garden, take a walk in the vineyards or browse in the wine and food store. You can then perhaps choose to have coffee in the restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the beautiful Kent countryside. When you are ready to leave you will be presented with a bottle of award winning wine per person as a memento of your day. Another amazing vineyard tour experience from IntotheBlue, providers of over 800 gift ideas and experience days out for all the family.
• These guided vineyard tours run on selected dates between March and October, with some Saturdays available
• The minimum age for wine tasting in Kent is 18 years
• No dogs allowed on site, except guide dogs
• The activity is not suitable for spectators
• Excellent facilities on site with the restaurant, terrace and shop
• Please note you may be joining a table with other guests on the experience during lunch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue is approximately 2.5 miles south of Tenterden on the B2082
• Public transport is very limited, so if you require a taxi to/from the train station please book in advance