• Drive a 2010 Volvo FH460 truck with a 45ft Supercar Transporter behind you and an authentic Peterbilt 379 styled on 'Optimus Prime'
• Complete a lap of the lorry driving course with obstacles and reversing challenge in each vehicle
• Briefing and tuition from a professional lorry driver
• Approximately 15-20 minutes at the controls of each vehicle including a short in cab briefing
• You may form part of a small group of 3 and will spend up to 45 minutes in each lorry riding as a passenger when not driving
• Please allow between 3-5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Bringing you the ultimate truck driving session to a venue near you! These double trucking experiences are offered at locations around the country and they give you the chance to drive a duo of trucks; one American and one European. It’s going to be a brilliant transatlantic truck fest for you!
This truck experience combines the best of the trucking world. There’s the all-American Peterbilt, which is rarely-seen sight in the UK, but one of the most popular trucks in the USA. Then there’s the Volvo FH460. You see trucks like these pounding the motorways every day, but this time it’ll be you who’ll be at the wheel of this true workhorse of the roads.
What’s more, the Volvo isn’t just any old trucking set up delivering everyday goods. The cab is attached to a 45ft-long trailer, which transports supercars to track days. It’s just like the ones you’d expect to see at motor racing events, with huge dropdown sides that become the mobile team HQ. It’s actually pretty neat and makes your Volvo trucking session quite unique!
The Peterbilt 379 is a flashy and out-there as you’d expect from a truck that rolls those long-distance, cross-county journeys across the pond. It’s got shiny chrome everywhere, that huge aggressive front grille, the long, long nose, those high double exhaust pipes reaching into the air, and, of course, air horns. There’s even a fancy flame livery licking the sides of the cab. Surely it's the ultimate truck to drive?
You’ll be at the helm of each truck for between 15 and 20 minutes. In that time you’ll have tackled moving off (and we have to say, it’s nothing like starting off in a car!), steered around a slalom course and had fun on a straight, where you can feel the acceleration of these impressive trucks.
For us, this is the ultimate truck driving experience that is the stuff of dreams. If you’ve ever watched any American road movie, trucks like the Peterbilt appear all the time. And if you’ve ever had the joy of driving nose-to-tail on the M1, you’ll certainly have been alongside a time-served, ever-faithful Volvo truck at some point. Now it’s your turn to be a trucker!
• Selected weekday dates throughout the year
• All dates and session times are subject to availability
• Sessions operate between 08:30 and 15:30
• This is a popular experience which may need to be be booked well in advance
• Upgrades to include weekends are available for a charge of £25, payable when booking your date
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• No driving licence is required
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch from the trackside
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• An optional £25 insurance waiver is available to purchase upon booking
• Drive times are approximate and will vary depending on the drivers ability
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
Premium circuit upgrades available for a supplement, payable directly at the time of booking:
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey (£35 upgrade supplement) Limited availability
• All locations are subject to change