• Safety briefing and introduction
• Change into powersports racing team kit and safety gear
• One hour session on the Honda racing powerboat with around 10 minutes personal drive time
• One hour session with the Thundercat including instruction on cornering and racing techniques, wave jumping and high speed take offs, with around 10 minutes drive time
• Your will share the driving with other guests and ride as a passenger when not driving
• 60 minute jet viper thrill ride demonstrating donuts, crash stops, side slides and spins
• A souvenier photo to take home with you
• You may be part of a group of up 2-3 people on the day
• Allow up to six hours at the marina for the whole experience with a minimum of 3 hours on the water
What Can I Expect
The Ultimate Powerboating Day - drive three of the world's most impressive speed boats in one day from their base in Southampton in Hampshire. The full day experience takes place on Southampton Water and the open waters of the Solent, setting off from the city’s Shamrock Quay marina.
The vessels in the line-up for the day are a racer, the Honda Formula 4-Stroke (HF4S) championship powerboat, the incredible jet-propelled 450hp Jet Viper and the powerful Thundercat catamaran.
Fancy skating over the water at high speed in an inflatable boat? There's nothing fragile about the Thundercat. She's a finely-tuned, high-performance catamaran that's easy to drive and takes corners at a pace that'll have your eyes widening at the awe of it all.
Then there's the Jet Viper. Adrenaline junkies will love the wake jumping, spins and side slides as the vessel is put through its paces by the pilot. This speed-machine has the latest waterjet propulsion – no propeller - which makes for amazing agility, fast stops and starts and capable of manoeuvres that are impossible for a conventional boat of this size. This part of the day will be a thrill ride for up to 12 people plus the pilot.
Last but not least, the Honda racing powerboat. A real offshore competitor that you might have seen racing on the TV, this is seriously rapid and you'll find as you go bouncing over the waves that you won't be able to see over the bow as it lifts up so high out of the water. Hold on tight on this one it’s like being in a proper boating race.
The best thing about this day in Hampshire is that not only do you get to enjoy a high thrills demo ride in each of the boats, you also get plenty of time to actually do some driving too if you fancy taking the reins. By the end of your day at sea, you'll be addicted to powerboating!
• Available on selected weekday and weekends May to October
• This experience is weather dependent
• Not suitable for pregnant women or those with neck, back and heart problems
• Minimum age 12
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian
• You should wear jeans or shorts, with trainers of shoes
• Please bring a change of clothes with you
• All safety and waterproof gear is provided for you
• Spectators are welcome to watch the action from the quay
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• On site there is a pub, restaurant and bar
• Visitors can enjoy the amenities of Southampton
• Free parking onsite
• Changing and shower rooms available
• Shamrock Quay, Southampton