• Sightseeing flight in an Airbus AS350 helicopter
• See the stunning scenery of the English Countryside before being dazzled by The Capital City of London
• Travel down the for Panoramic views of London and its iconic landmarks including, Battersea Power Station, Buckingham Palace, The Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, The Shard, Canary Wharf and The Globe Theatre
• On the return leg travel towards Kent, passing over Brands Hatch, pick up the coast at Beachy Head and travel west with some of the best sights on the South Coast, Seaford, Newhaven, Brighton Marina, Brighton City, The Pier and the I360
• Flight duration is approximately 65 minutes
• This charter flight is for up to 5 people opt for the charter flight
What Can I Expect
See all the best bits of the South East on one ultimate helicopter flight! This really is the helicopter tour of a lifetime, as you take off from one of the country’s most famous seaside towns to fly over the capital and back over stunning countryside and coastline.
This is the ‘Grand Expedition’ by helicopter. Departing from Brighton City Airport at Shoreham, your flight path will take you inland and (if Air Traffic Control clears it) over the London Gatwick Airport area. As you make a beeline for Greater London, you’ll cross over the M25 motorway and enter the capital city via the south western corridor around Battersea Power Station.
You then follow the winding River Thames. This is quite simply the optimum route for your helicopter flight, as there are iconic buildings and landmarks lining both the north and south banks - and you can even see Buckingham Palace from there too. It’s a bit like playing sightseeing bingo as you cross off the likes of the Houses of Parliament, the Eye, County Hall, Portcullis House, Somerset House, the National Theatre, London Television Centre, the Globe Theatre, the Tower of London, Canary Wharf and the Thames Barrier, along with all those bridges too!
After your Thames run, this ultimate helicopter flight continues out of the estuary and past the QEII bridge into Kent. A quick hover over Brands Hatch race circuit and you’ll then be into the posh houses and quaint Kentish villages. As you pass over the Downs into the High Weald, you’ll see just why this county is called the Garden of England.
As greenery gives way to the sea, you’ll swoop round Beachy Head, which takes on an even more impressive air when you look down on it from your chopper. It’s then time to cruise the coastline of the south-east on the last leg of your Grand Expedition by helicopter. With one final flurry exploring Brighton’s city centre, marina and pier, it’s back to Shoreham to land at Brighton City Airport.
We think this grand tour is unrivalled when it comes to flight path and the myriad of sights.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to availability
• All flights are dependent on favourable weather conditions
• Minimum age 4
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 17.3 stone
• Spectators are welcome to observe your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should arrive at the heliport 20 minutes before their scheduled flight time, to complete check-in and for the safety briefing
• Late arrivals may result in you not being allowed to fly
• Flights depart from Brighton City Airport