• Visit Twickenham World Rugby Museum
• See the worlds most prestigious collection of rugby memorabilia
• Commentary, film and match footage is played throughout your tour
• Allow up to an hour for the museum visit
What Can I Expect
Immerse yourself in the spirit of rugby at the brand new Twickenham Rugby Museum! These tickets give you direct access to the fascinating Twickenham World Rugby Museum, which is in the heart of Twickenham Stadium’s South stand - the home of English rugby.
The museum dedicated to all things rugby takes you on a journey through the ages explaining everything Rugby Union. You’ll see how the game started and whether the story that William Webb Ellis was behind it is the stuff of legends, or the truth. Then, as you move through the years, you’ll find out how the game has grown into an international sport loved by millions. And you'll see how things like the rugby balls and the shirts the players wear have evolved over the years.
A highlight for many who visit the World Rugby Museum is seeing the wonderfully ornate Calcutta Cup. Coming from the Indian Subcontinent to England, it’s the trophy that’s awarded to the winners of the match between England and Scotland. The full history behind it is pretty enchanting and well worth a read.
As well as hundreds of incredible artefacts (the Twickenham museum has the world’s most comprehensive collection of rugby memorabilia), there are lots of interactive exhibits too. Feel the force of a scrum, take a virtual reality conversion kick and test your endurance as a rugby playing athlete. It’s all brilliantly hands-on at this rugby museum!
Of course, no visit to any museum would be complete without exiting through the gift shop. The Twickenham rugby museum store is a veritable Aladdin’s cave for rugby fans, with everything and anything related to rugby. All in all a superb day out dedicated to all things rugby. And remember, 80 minutes, two teams, 30 players and one game…this is rugby.
If you know someone who would love to have a wander around the World of Rugby Museum and see behind the scenes, we also have the Twickenham Stadium Tour and Museum package on sale too.
• Tuesdays to Saturdays - 10:00 - 17:00 (Mondays open during school/bank holidays only)
• Sundays - 11:00 - 17:00
• Last Entry 16:00
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Under 5's can visit free of charge but a disclaimer must be signed prior to admittance
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A minimum of two guests applies for each voucher
• Twickenham World Rugby Museum