• A Thunder Bolt Driving Experience
• Experience starts with full safety briefing
• Introduction to the boat and driving techniques
• One hour on the water with approx 13 minutes driving time per person
• A debrief with presentation of photograph
• Three participants to one instructor on the Thunderbolt
• Allow up to one and a half hours at the marina for this experience
What Can I Expect
Like a bolt out of the blue, these Thunderbolt Powerboat Experiences in Hampshire will have you whooping with delight! Power along Southampton Water and crash over the waves on the open seas in this high performance inflatable catamaran.
These craft were originally designed and built in South Africa as surf rescue boats. Being lightweight but very stable at speed and with incredible manoeuvrability combined to make these catamarans a popular choice in marinas all over the world and ideal for racing too. On this experience you'll be learning how to push the Thundercat to the limit - which means getting kitted out in full racing gear too!
When you climb into the boat for the first time, the instructor will talk you through the driving procedure and how to handle the Thunderbolt. Then it's all about a full hour on the water to experience first hand just how much fun a Thunderbolt is. With a 90bhp outboard motor powering your lightweight Thunderbolt, you'll cut through the water with ease. You'll learn how to pull off tight cornering, wave jumping (so much fun!), high speed take offs and racing technique.
As the waters of Southampton give way to the speed limit free Solent, that racing technique will come in handy for the final part of this Thunderbolt powerboat experience in Hampshire, as you have the chance to take on the special offshore circuit to try and post the fastest lap time of the season. Will you be top of the Thunderbolt leaderboard?
• Available on selected weekdays and weekends May to October
• This experience is weather dependent
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for anyone with neck, back or heart complaints or pregnant women
• Spectators are welcome to watch from the quayside
• There is a café, bar and restaurant on site and all the tourist attractions and shops of Southampton nearby
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The marina is in Southampton, Hampshire