• A three hour tea tasting experience
• Taste up to 24 varieties of tea
• Learn about the history and manufacturing of tea
• Create your own blend which will be posted to you after the event
• Enjoy a delicious afternoon tea
• You may be joining a group of up to 12 other participants on the day
What Can I Expect
Enjoy an afternoon discovering the nation's favourite beverage with our Tea Tasting experience! Nothing beats a nice cuppa and when it's freshly brewed with a very carefully selected blend of leaves, it really is one of the most delicious and refreshing hot drinks there is.
Your tea tasting host is Alex Probyn, a master tea blender who worked for one of the world's leading tea brands, so he knows a thing or two when it comes to coming up with the tastiest blends for your cup of tea. In fact, he was travelling around the world tasting around 500 cups of tea a day in his role as a professional tea taster and has now set up his own business creating and selling personalised teas as unique gifts.
Throughout the session you will learn all about the creation, origins, facts and tasting of tea, as well as sampling at least 24 different teas and herbal brews. Although it's called a tasting, exploring the flavours of tea involves the eyes and nose, as well as the tongue and you'll soon discover each tea leaf from every estate has its own flavour, colour and shape.
There's no need for you to travel to every corner of the globe to taste leaf tea from China to India, it's all brought to you in the heart of Kent. And not only will there be cups of tea, there’ll also be a home-made afternoon tea included, giving you something to munch on whilst sipping teas too!
By the end of the workshop, you'll be looking at the simple cuppa from a whole new perspective. Words like 'brassy' and 'wiry' will become second nature, as you sniff and taste your way around this wonderful collection of teas and herbal concoctions. You even get to use your new-found knowledge to create your very own bespoke blend of tea.
Tea tasting from the tea wall at this Kent-based ‘Blendatorium’ offers a fun and interactive insight into tea, as not only does Alex blend a good tea, he also talks a good tea, so you're sure to be entertained. This experience is suitable for groups of up to 12, so if you looking to organise an unusual group activity this is a great choice.
If you love the taste of tea then why not have a look around our main afternoon tea section .
• This activity is available on selected Fridays throughout the year
• Courses run from 2pm - 5pm
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Disabled access available
• It is not advisable to eat spicy or strong tasting foods prior to the event, as this may reflect upon your tea tasting experience
• You may be standing for some of this event so comfortable footwear is advised
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Kemsing near Sevenoaks in Kent