• Glide slowly to 450 feet and Enjoy breath-taking views of up to 26 miles from the world's first observation tower
• The ride is for approximately 30 minutes
• Afternoon tea is served in the West Beach Bar & Kitchen in the beach-side building below
What Can I Expect
Take a flight to the skies and see Brighton and Sussex as you have never seen them before when you fly the British Airways i360! Cruise up slowly in the moving observation tower to 450ft above the beach, to enjoy breath-taking 360° views up to 26 miles away.
Located at the beach end of Brighton’s West Pier, this experience gives the two of you a ride up into the sky and a traditional afternoon tea. After your flight, you’ll be invited to the West Beach Bar & Kitchen in the beach building below the British Airways i360.
The West Beach Bar & Kitchen features seaside colours and flavours, with a funky fresh design, including a collection of works from local artists that adorns the walls. It’s the perfect place to enjoy afternoon tea in Brighton after your British Airways i360 ride.
The original West Pier, designed by Eugenius Birch, was a bustling tourist attraction in Brighton from 1866 to when it finally closed in 1975 and fell into disrepair. A trust was set up to try and save the pier, but storm and fire damage eventually meant it was beyond repair. Step forward Marks Barfield Architects, the creators of the London Eye, who came up with the idea of the country’s first "vertical pier” in the form of the British Airways i360!
This incredible structure embraces all that Victorian tradition and like a breath of fresh sea air, injects a contemporary twist on the whole idea of seafront promenades with this moving observation tower. British Airways i360 passengers will board the curved-glass pod and then glide up to see gently unfolding views across the Sussex countryside and coastline.
The tower itself sits between the iconic reconstructed West Pier toll booths, which serve as the ticket office and tea rooms of British Airways i360, with the West Beach Bar & Kitchen below. Enjoy your ‘flight’!
• Bookings are usually available seven days a week, 2.30 - 5.00pm
• Dates are generally only released 4 weeks in advance
West Beach Bar & Kitchen Opening Times
• Monday-Thursday 10:00-17:00
• Friday-Saturday 10:00-22:00
• Sunday 10:00-17:00
• No age restrictions
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• British Airways i360 is fully wheelchair accessible
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• British Airways i360 is able to operate in most weather conditions, however in high winds the pod may glide up to a lower height
• British Airways i360, Brighton, East Sussex
• West Beach Bar & Kitchen, Lower Kings Road, Brighton