• Glide slowly to 450 feet and Enjoy breath-taking views of up to 26 miles from the world's first observation tower
• The ride is for approximately 30 minutes
• Afternoon tea is served in either the traditional tearoom located in the beautifully restored 1866 West Pier toll booth or in the Belle Vue restaurant in the beach building below
What Can I Expect
Take a flight to the skies and see Brighton and Sussex as you have never seen them before! Cruise up slowly to 450ft high to enjoy breath-taking 360° views of up to 26 miles from the moving observation tower, conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects, the creators of the London Eye.
Located at the root end of the West Pier on Brighton beach, this experience gives the two of you a ride up into the sky and a traditional afternoon tea in the British Airways i360 heritage tea room or the Belle Vue restaurant in the beach building below.
The West Pier, designed by Eugenius Birch, was a bustling tourist attraction in Brighton from 1866 to when it finally closed in 1975 and fell into disrepair. A trust was set up to try and save the pier, but storm and fire damage eventually meant it was beyond repair. Step forward Marks Barfield Architects who came up with the idea of the country’s first "vertical pier” in the form of the British Airways i360!
This incredible structure embraces all that Victorian tradition and like a breath of fresh sea air, injects a contemporary twist on the whole idea of seafront promenades with this moving observation tower. British Airways i360 passengers will board the curved-glass pod and then glide up to see gently unfolding views across the Sussex countryside and coastline.
The tower itself sits between the iconic reconstructed West Pier tollbooths which serve as the ticket office and heritage tea room of British Airways i360.
• Bookings are usually available seven days a week, 2.30 - 5.00pm
• Dates are generally only released 4 weeks in advance
• No age restrictions
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• British Airways i360 is fully wheelchair accessible
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• British Airways i360 is able to operate in most weather conditions, however in high winds the pod may glide up to a lower height
• British Airways i360, Brighton, East Sussex
• Afternoon tea is served on the same site, either in the heritage tea room or in the Belle Vue