• Drive a front wheel drive Suzuki Swift Sport Cup car
• Welcome and safety briefing
• In car introduction to the rally cars controls and features
• Tips and tuition from an onboard instructor
• Choose from a 9 mile experience (3 laps of the rally stage) or 18 miles (6 laps)
• The stages have loose surfaces, hairpins and sweeping corners
• Opt for the hot lap and you will also receive an instructor driven high speed passenger ride in the Suzuki
• Experiences last around one hour
What Can I Expect
Zip round the track on a Suzuki Swift rally session! The Sport version of these nippy little Japanese superminis has featured in many a rally championship world wide and even has its own race series in several countries. This is your chance to drive this Suzuki rally car in Essex.
As rally driving experiences go, this one in Essex is a little bit different. For a start, there’s no tarmac here. A three-mile loose gravel stage has been carved out of the ground to make for a pretty authentically-styled rally stage right here in the middle of the countryside near Saffron Walden. And they only do rallying here - it’s their speciality.
That’s because rally driving has become a passion through the generations of the Clark family who own Langley Lawn Farm. Whilst the farming business still goes strong, in between the fields you’ll find this well-thought out rally track - and it’s great fun to drive it in a Suzuki Swift rally car. What’s more, current school boss Tom Clark has an impressive track record with these Swifts.
As a rookie rallyer Tom competed for two years in Latvia to becomes Junior Champion of the Suzuki Swift Sport 1600 series. The young rally driving champ then returned to the UK to rally with the trusted Swift in the British Rally Championship’s Suzuki Sport Cup in 2010, which he won. So it’s clear that these days Tom feels at home here in Essex in these Swift Sports, which have, incidentally, all actually been used as competition cars.
Being front wheel drive, your main task with the Suzuki will be to avoid understeer out on the track (where the car just continues in the same direction when you exit a turn), but in essence the Swifts are great cars for cutting your rally teeth on. And with expert tuition from the likes of Tom and his experienced team of instructors, you’ll soon start to weave in between those cones with ease, kicking up the dust as you go.
So if you want the real deal, go for the Suzuki Swift rally on the gravel in Essex. Authentic cars, great teachers giving you in-car coaching and a challenging course, allowing you to experience what it’d be like in a proper BRC rally series. Go for the high speed passenger lap add-on extra and it’ll be just like being a co-pilot on a rally stage!
• Selected Saturdays throughout the year
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 17
• Participants must hold a full driving licence
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Minimum height is 5ft, maximum height is 6ft 4ins
• Safety helmets are provided
• Spectators are welcome and there are viewing areas of the track
• Please advise when booking your date if you are planning to bring more than 3 people with you
• Sorry no dogs allowed
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Snacks and refreshments can be purchased from the on site cafe
• Additional pay on the day activities are available
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• The rally driving stage is located near Saffron Walden
• Convieniently located just off the M11 and within easy reach of Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Essex