A Subaru vs Evo Experience
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 3 sighting laps as a passenger to learn the racing lines and braking points
• 1 High speed passenger lap in a sports saloon
• Cars used for sighting laps include: Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Evo and BMW M3
• Drive 5 laps in the Subaru STI
• Drive 5 laps in the Mitsubishi Evo
• Each lap is approximately 1 km in length
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
• Experiences last approximately one and a half hours
What Can I Expect
We think things could get very competitive on this Subaru vs Evo experience when you line up an Impreza WRX STi and a Mitsubishi Evolution side by side trackside to see which of these racing beasts is best.
We absolutely love this head to head style experience format. Both cars have seen considerable rally and racing success, both are held in high esteem by motoring fans and both have sold bucket loads during their many years of production, but which of these two Japanese stalwarts will you prefer?
If we did a survey we reckon the results would be pretty much 50/50. Fans of Subaru and Mitsubishi are notoriously loyal and would never cross the divide from one marque to the other. However, this experience lets you test both the Subaru and the Evo to the limits of their rev counters and you'll probably end up loving them both.
So the stars of the show are the Subaru and the Evo. One thing's for sure, this 'versus' experience takes place on a level playing field. The track here in the heart of Hertfordshire has been designed to offer big fun on big corners so you can sweep through at a serious rate of knots in both vehicles.
After a bit of track day theory and safety briefing, it's straight into the programme of Subaru vs Evo, with you driving five laps in each car, so you will be discovering the vehicle and the track at the same time for an extra dimension to the speed-based thrills.
Of course, we wouldn't just let you loose driving solo around the track in these deliciously playful cars. As you jump in the driving seat of each one, you'll notice an instructor in the passenger seat (or should that be co-pilot?) ready for take off. They are a friendly lot and as well as having the delight of being ferried by your good self for a couple of laps in the Subaru and the Evo, they will also be on hand calling braking points, reminding you about changing gear and generally helping you get it tight and right on the circuit.
So there you have it, our epic meeting of motoring minds - the Subaru vs Evo experience. All that remains is for you to decide which of these two much-loved cars you'd most like to take home and park in your own garage.
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 5ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 20 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Spectators are welcome to come along and can participate in passenger hot laps from £19
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Photograph and video packages are available to purchase on the day
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage waiver can be paid with zero excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire