• A welcome and safety briefing before getting in the water
• Learn the basic techniques of paddleboarding including: kneeling and standing up, self rescue and safety techniques, balance, turns and paddle techniques,
• Sessions are run by experienced instructors
• All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits and buoyancy aids
• You will form part of a group of up to 8 people
• Sessions last for 2 hours
What Can I Expect
Go paddleboarding in Gloucestershire! Learn how to paddle board on the flat waters of the National Diving and Activity Centre near Chepstow. The idea is that by the end of it, you’ll be confident on the board and moving smoothly across the waters of this centre near Chepstow.
It’s the ideal place to start paddleboarding, as the lake is enormous. It’s actually a former limestone quarry that has been hosting water and land activities since 2003. Primarily a diving site, with the growth in popularity of paddleboading, this centre has added it to the long list of fantastic activities offered here.
As you’d expect, they have invested in the best equipment suited for all levels of paddle boarder. Everything you need to get on the water at this National Diving and Activity centre is included. That’s to say the essential board and paddle for your build, as well as wetsuits and buoyancy aid.
Teaching at this Gloucestershire lake is in small groups of no more that six. After an on-shore briefing, the next step is to understand the safety aspects and self-rescue. Tuition continues out on the water, where you’ll begin by kneeling on the board. You’ll soon realise it’s not as wobbly as you thought it’d be and soon, with a bit of encouragement, you’ll be standing on the board.
Once this has been covered, it’s time to put paddle to water and get going! Balance, paddle techniques and turning will all be worked on and as your lesson here in Chepstow progresses, you’ll feel more and more at ease out there on the board.
This in-land lake near Chepstow is one of the best places to have a go at paddleboarding in Gloucestershire, as it’s easy to get to (right off the A48) and utterly scenic too. There’s lots going on around you, a lovely bar/restaurant with a bird’s eye view of the lake below and even on-site wooden wigwam accommodation if you fancy making a weekend of it with friends of family - especially as we’ve got the best value family paddle board voucher.
• Selected weekdays and weekends between April and October
• This experience takes place in all weathers
• Minimum age 12
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Family tickets are valid for 2 adults and 2 children
• Participants must be able swim and be confident in water
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• National Diving & Activity Centre, Chepstow, Glouc NP16