• Tandem jumps take place from an altitude of up to 10,000ft
• Experience the thrill of freefall, accelerating to speeds in excess of 120mph, covering 5000ft in around 30 seconds
• British Parachute approved drop zone and instructors
• Certificate of achievement
• Provisional membership to the British Parachute Association for one year
• Add a DVD of your experience for £95 payable direct
What Can I Expect
Get onboard and let's go jumping when you sign up for a skydive in Yorkshire! This Bridlington drop zone is a real beauty, with amazing views of the sea. Can you imagine how cool it'll be to jump out of plane at 10,000ft right over the stunning coastline? You can? Well, let us tell you more about it.
This Yorkshire skydiving drop zone is offering you tandem jumps. These are by far the most popular activity they do, as it means you can experience the amazing sensation of the free fall without having to train for days beforehand. As you are physically attached to your instructor with a tandem harness, there's no way you'll be going anywhere solo, so a 20-30 minute ground briefing is sufficient to explain what will happen on your skydive and what you'll need to do, or not do, as the case may be.
All that clear in your head, as soon as you walk out of the briefing room the expectation and adrenaline kicks in and you completely forget what was just said. No panic, the friendly instructor team here in Bridlington is always very good at constantly communicating and telling you what's going on - which is also a very effective way to settle any pre-jump apprehension.
As you, your fellow jumpers and instructors climb aboard the Air Van (that's the plane that takes you up that is different form normal light aircraft as it has a large side-opening door bay) nerves might start to get the better of you, but the instructors do a great line in in-flight humour as you climb to 10,000ft above the Yorkshire countryside.
Of course, once the door is opened and the green light goes on, it's time to get down to the serious business of sky diving. All safety checks repeated, it's that moment. Lean out as far you can and away you both tumble.
For around 30 incredible seconds you will experience the indescribable feeling of free fall, before the main chute is deployed and you float gracefully down from around 5000ft. This is the moment you (and your eyeballs!) will have recovered from your life being in a spin for a few seconds and you'll be able to appreciate the charm of Bridlington below you. As you come into land, see if you can spot your friends and family, who'll have gathered to cheer your achievement. Yes, that was the day you learnt to skydive in Yorkshire!
• This parachute drop zone operates throughout the week all year round
• Jumps are subject to weather conditions
• Maximum weight is 15.5 stone (98.4kg) fully clothed
• Minimum age is 16 years and there is no upper age limit
• If you are aged between 16 and 18 you must obtain a parent or guardians consent.
• If you have any medical conditions or are aged 40 or above you must consult your GP to sign and stamp the BPA medical form.
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
• No pets are allowed on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Option of hiring your own personal camera person to jump with you and photograph and film the jump. This can be booked on the day for an additional charge
• Grindale, Bridlington, North Yorkshire