• Welcome and safety briefing by a grade six driving instructor
• Drive on the unique oil coated rubber surface
• Learn or improve skills on safer driving
• Learn how to deal with a skid realistically
• You will experience different simulated emergency situations
• Learn emergency braking, front and rear wheel slides, skid prevention, tyre blow out, locked wheels, slippery surface skills and correcting skids
• Allow 1.5 to 2 hours for this activity if purchasing a voucher for one person and 2 to 2.5 hours for two people
Multi Activity Driving Offer
• A skid control session for two people
• A Shared One Hour 4x4 Off Road session
• Allow between 2.5 and 3 hours in total for this experience
What Can I Expect
Here's a new twist on skid training! This well-established driving school centre in Shropshire uses a unique skid area featuring a very special surface that makes skidding easy. There are no cradles on the skid car or fancy gadgetry, that way (with your expert training) it means you learn easily all about when skids happen and how to control them from speeds as gentle as 5mph.
This skid car training experience is offered for one or two people and both packages give you plenty of training in the hot seat with the instructor and for skidding duos, when you're not driving you can be a passenger in the car. All sessions are offered as exclusive lessons, so you will have the undivided attention of the Grade Six advanced driving instructor and there's no hanging around waiting for your turn.
Of course, experiencing your first skid can be scary and often most people's first skid on roads is actually down to driver error, so much better to be doing it at a training ground under controlled conditions, with an expert driving instructor sitting next to you to show you what to do. And don't forget, the session is as much about fun out there on the pan as it is about learning some vital motoring skills.
Thanks to that specially prepared surface, you can learn to control a skid at very slow speeds to gain confidence, before building up to higher speeds to really test your training at the wheel of the skid car. So no need to feel anxious and believe us, by the end of the session you will feel rightly quite proud of yourself that you will leave knowing just what to do when you skid - although we don't advise doing skids on the way home in your own car if you can help it!
Although skid training is typically seen as a gifts for men experience, they are equally suitable for women too as driving is not just a man's domain these days (thankfully!) and you'll be trained in everything from locked wheels, to tyre blows out on these experiences at this family run centre in Oswestry.
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
• All participants must hold a UK driving licence
• Excellent course and great fun for all drivers to improve their safety on the road and avoid an accident
• Spectators are discouraged from this venue due to the lack of safe viewing areas and facilities at the venue
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Because of the oil and rubber skid surface the vehicles and training area get dirty, please wear old clothes and footwear
• Oswestry, Shropshire
• The venue is easily reached by the M6, M54 or A5 and A483