• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• Pre-flight safety briefing
• You will be sharing your helicopter ride with up to five other passengers
• Plenty of photo opportunities
Air Experience Flights
• Get a taste of flying in a helicopter with stunning views of the local scenery
• Choose from a 6 mile flight lasting approximately 5 minutes, or a 15 mile lasting around 10 minutes
• See the sights of Skegness, taking in the town's sights and the beach
• Choose from a 15 minute tour or for extended views of the coastline and countryside opt for the 30 minute duration
What Can I Expect
Helicopter flights over Skegness - the perfect gift whether you’re holidaying there, just visiting for the day or from the area! Take sightseeing around Skegness to a whole new level when you get airborne in a fancy helicopter and get to look down on all the sights of this favourite seaside resort. It’s got to be one of the most thrilling activities ever in Skegness!
Sightseeing tours depart from Skegness Airfield, which is halfway between Skegness and Ingoldmells. The runway is set back from the seafront, in between the cable tow waterski park and the Lincs Coast Light Railway. It’s a great place to take off from, as you’re right above all the action as soon as you get airborne. You’ll be able to see all the caravans in the leisure parks in their neat rows, the sea, the beach and lots lots more.
We are offering a full range of Skegness helicopter tours to suit every budget. If you’ve got youngsters who have never been in a heli before, the air experiences are a good choice. These six and 15-mile tours give you all the thrills and show you all the sights and attractions of the local area.
For those who want to go further and see more, opt for the 15 or 30-minute helicopter tours. You’ll see Skegness and beyond, flying up and down the coast. See if you can spot those classic sights like Skegness pier, that famous beach and the Tower Gardens. Heading further north, point out your fave rides at Fantasy Island (we love the Volcano tower, the Odyssey and Millennium rollercoasters and the family-favourite Log Flume).
As well as picking out all those well-known spots over Skegness and neighbouring resorts, don’t forget to take a moment to gaze out to sea. It’s pretty cool being able to fly over the water, as the waves lap onto the sandy beaches below - and you can see for miles and miles!
If you’re going on hols to good old Skeggy, these helicopter flights from Skegness Airfield are a great holiday treat. For those who spent many a childhood summer playing on the beaches, it’s a wonderfully nostalgic thing to do. And if you live in the areas around Skegness and Ingoldmells, it’s a must-do at least once to see in your lifetime!
• Selected weekends from April to September
• Minimum age six
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Maximum height is 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Skegness Airfield, Ingoldnells