• A guided Segway Tour of Upton Country Park
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Introduction to the segway and how to ride it
• A practice session in readiness for the tour
• In total you can expect around 50 minutes of riding action
• Helmets are provided
• You may be forming part of a group of up to six riders led by a qualified instructor
• Allow up to one and a quarter hours on site
Cream Tea Option
• Enjoy a traditional Dorset Cream Tea in the gardens or courtyard of Upton House
• Cream Tea consists of scones, cakes, clotted cream, jam and either tea or coffee
• All of the above is locally sourced and home baked
What Can I Expect
Hop on a Segway in Dorset and tour Upton Country Park near Poole for an electrically-charged journey on a personal transporter! Time to test your balance and take to your Segway for some gyroscopic fun.
In case you still don't know what they are, Segways are electric personal transporters, which look a bit like a scooter and are somehow self-balancing. If you've never seen one, let alone ridden one before, we can highly recommend booking in for a go at this wonderful park not far from Bournemouth. As well as paths perfect for Segway riding, Upton Country Park boasts 100 acres of gardens, parkland and woods too. You can even get right down to the northern shoreline of Poole Harbour without leaving the park.
As this Dorset Segway location is an oasis for family activities, Segways are ideal here, as they are compact, ecological (24 miles on a single charge) and pretty silent (apart from your yelps of delight!). We’re offering a Segway adventure ride on these cool Poole paths using the X2 Segway – a beefed up Segway with alloy wheels, low pressure tyres and rugged trim for handling those bumpy and rutted routes you'll be taking.
Your off-road Segway riding in Dorset starts with a practice session to get used to the ‘Leansteer’ way of controlling the machine. After that it’s the big one – a 50 minute tour of Upton's popular and very pretty country park on the edge of Poole, where you’ll be exploring the trails and paths on these human transporters they call Segways.
We have to say, Upton Country Park is a first-class location for Segwaying as there is so much to explore. Glide past the Grade II listed Georgian Upton House, steer your Segway deftly around the walled garden area with the impressive water fountain feature, weave around the herbaceous borders, zoom along the shaded paths down to the water and back up past the Roman House - this really is the best of Dorset explored on a Segway!
If, when it comes to driving activities, they’ve already done the rest, our Segway Dorset trek on these mad little off-road transporters make for a rather unique gift idea and gives you the chance to explore Poole's Upton Country Park on a nippy little Segway X2.
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include weekend availability opt for the anytime voucher
• Activities run Wednesday - Sunday
• The minimum age is 12 years old however please note under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Minimum weight is 7 stone, maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• No previous driving experience is required
• Not suitable for those who are pregnant
• There are no seats on the segway so riders will need to be able to stand for the duration of the experience
• Light footwear, trainers or walking boots are recommended, open toe shoes are not permitted
• Maximum group size is six riders
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upton Country Park, Poole, Dorset