• An overnight stay at The Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
• Accommodation in a double or twin Queen room
• Full English breakfast for two is included
• Bedrooms feature large baths with twin basins, air conditioning and free wifi access
• A guided tour of the vineyard and woodland nature trail
• Information on the vineyard and an insight into the organic wine industry
• Learn about the process of making wine
• Meat and cheese Ploughman's platter or traditional afternoon tea
• Your meal is served with a glass of sparkling wine each
• Tutored tasting of 4 organic and biodynamic wines made at the vineyard
• A bottle of red, white or rose wine to take home
What Can I Expect
Spend a couple of days discovering Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard, staying in a lovely hotel nearby for the ultimate in wine getaway breaks! These delightful packages for two are all about classic English countryside, small and friendly accommodation and vino all rolled into one. We can't think of a better way to enjoy a short break!
Indeed, these wine tasting breaks are truly a gourmet’s delight, as you get to explore the vineyards and find out how all those juicy grapes are turned into delicious red, white and sparkling wines. The gastronomic extravaganza continues with your choice between a meat and cheese platter or afternoon tea at the vineyard's restaurant. Of course, a little glass of something will be served to accompany your tasty eats.
And just as you’d expect, to round everything off, there’s a tutored wine tasting at the in-house Bar-in-the-Barn, where you’ll sample four of the delicious organic and biodynamic wines being produced by Sedlescombe.
After such a pleasant day at the vineyard, it’d be a shame to head back home wouldn’t it? That’s why this wine break includes a night’s accommodation in a charming local hotel, the Sedlescombe Golf Hotel. It is only a seven minute drive to this peaceful hotel. Set in a renowned golf estate, the lodge has an intimate and homely feel, with just 20 rooms. In a separate building to the golf club house and restaurant, guests love the rooms for their large comfy beds, stylish decor and lovely bathroom with White Company toiletries. Oh and the full English breakfast is cooked to order!
The hotel is well-placed for providing the the perfect place at which to relax and get a good night’s sleep after your fascinating wine-themed day at the nearby Sedlescombe organic vineyard and winery. We think this wine tasting break offering a superb blend of wine and food, combined with overnight accommodation, makes for the ideal package to treat the gourmet guru in your life with!
• May to October within the vine growing season
• Other selected dates by arrangement
• Weekdays and weekends are available
Please note the hotel is currently undergoing renovations, will reopen beginning of July 2019
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
• The Sedlescombe Golf Hotel, Battle