• Sea kayaking experience
• Kayaks launch from sandy beaches
• View the coast from the sea
• Coaching, games and exploring
• Guided by a qualified instructor
• All equipment provided
• Allow for 2 hours for this experience - including safety briefing
What Can I Expect
Go sea kayaking Dorset style! What could be better than kayaking on the clear blue waters off the Jurassic coast of Dorset? These kayak experiences at Sandbanks and Swanage offer great paddling, combining superb views and the thrill of kayaking.
This Dorset kayak school operates out of two locations. You could be launching from the fine sandy beach at Swanage, or from the exclusive area of Sandbanks. Both venues are lovely family-friendly beaches that are really popular when the sun shines. These experiences give you a chance to learn a new watersport, have fun on the water and see the Dorset coastline from the sea.
You’ll be using sit-on-top kayaks. These are really stable, rugged craft that are easily to manoeuvre and won’t have you worried about wobbling too much, There’s a bit of a knack to getting in them, but once you’re sorted, you’ll be confident enough to paddle. The qualified instructors will be teaching you all you need to know, including safety, paddling techniques and how to get in and out of the kayak.
What sets this kayak experience apart is the fact that you’ll be on the sea. Not everywhere is suitable for novice kayakers, but both Sandbanks and Swanage are known for their calm waters, so hopefully it won’t be too choppy out there for your first foray into kayaking.
Once you’re up and running, there’ll be time for a bit exploring (a paddle around Poole harbour is a favourite) and even a few games out on the water. They’re good fun and a right laugh too, with everyone joining in, making it a really convivial activity.
As long as you’re an able swimmer (you will also have a buoyancy aid) and are at least eight years old, you can have a go at sea kayaking in Dorset. We think it makes a fab day out for all the family to enjoy together and is much more fun than lazing around on the beach all day. All the gear you need is included too and no previous canoe or kayak experience is necessary - just bring yourself and some enthusiasm!
• Experiences run between April and September
• Saturday & Sunday 11.00 - 13.00 or 14.00 - 16.00
• More dates and times added in school holidays
• Minimum age 8
• Children under 18 may attend unaccompanied but will need to have a pre-signed consent form
• No max weight or height long as can you fit in largest buoyancy aid
• No max age as long as you are still fit
• You must be an able swimmer
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please arrive 15 mins before the start of your session
• You will form part of a group of up to 6 people
• You will need to bring something to wear under your wet-suit, a large towel and some old trainers to wear in your kayak
• Kayaks launch from Swanage Beach and Sandbanks Beach