• Scenic pleasure flight for two in a 4 seater plane
• Choose from a 30, 60 or 90 minute flight duration
• Various flight routes are available and can be decided on when booking your date
• Flight times quoted are chock to chock ie from engine start up to shut down
• Examples of routes and highlights available
30 Minute Flight: Darlington • Middlesborough • Roseberry Topping • Gisborough Hall • Durham Cathedral • MFC • Barnard Castle
60 Minute Flight: Sunderland Stadium of Light •Angel of the North • Derwent Reservoir • High Force Waterfall • Newcastle St James' Park • Tyne Bridges • Whitby Robin Hoods Bay • York Minster
90 Minute Flight: Northumberland Coastline • Helmsley, Scarborough & Whitby • Hadrians Wall • The Lake District, Kendal to Penrith
What Can I Expect
So much to see on these great value Teesside sightseeing flights for two! Taking off in a light aircraft from Teesside International Airport with just you two aboard as passengers, this collection of scenic flights will have you exploring every corner of the North East.
The beauty of this airport is its location. Sitting between Darlington and Middlesborough, you’ll be amazed at how many sights, landmarks and well-known places you can see within a matter of minutes of take off. We are offering you the choice of a 30, 60 or 90 minute flight, which gives you plenty of choice for your aerial sightseeing itinerary.
Mother Nature features massively. From Teesside International you’re so close to the River Tees estuary, with lots of coastline to explore along the Durham Heritage Coast right up to Scarborough and Whitby. Then there are the national parks. You are literally surrounded by them. You’ve got the York Moors to the south east, the Yorkshire Dales to the west and the Pennines to the north west.
Then there are all the bustling cities, towns and villages to fly over too on these scenic flights. As well as Durham, you’ve got the likes of Newcastle, Middlesborough and York. You’ll enjoy bird’s eye views of the landmark buildings, from imposing cathedrals and manor houses, to world-renowned sculptures and stunning castles too.
If you want history with your sightseeing flying, there’s bucket loads of it. Head out of Teesside Airport and imagine what it was like for the Dam Busters as you approach Derwent Reservoir. See the brilliantly named Roseberry Topping hill where a hoard of Bronze Age artefacts were discovered.
Sports fans are spoilt for choice too. No matter what colour shirt you wear, you’ll be thrilled if you get the chance to look down on the North East’s finest stadia. This is where sporting triumphs are fondly remembered and embarrassing defeats quickly forgotten.
Essentially though, these Teesside International pleasure flights are all about you two. You'll discuss and review your preferred flight route on an interactive iPad flight planner, then see your aircraft’s position in the sky on it whilst you fly. It’s an extra little touch that makes these flights really special for you both.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flight dates must be booked at least 24 hours in advance but can be booked up to 3 months in advance
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 2
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum combined weight is 40 stone (560 lbs)
• Not suitable after 28 weeks of pregnancy (if you wish to fly between 24-28 weeks a letter must be provided from your GP or Midwife confirming consent)
• A third passenger can be included, subject to not exceeding the maximum combined weight
• Participants must be able to climb in and out of the aircraft unaided
• Spectators are welcome
• There are ground floor inside lounge facilities and outside areas with views of the runway
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• One form of identification must be provided; For adults it must be a UK issued valid passport or UK issued valid photocard driving licence. For under 16s an original birth certificate or UK issued valid passport
• Participants with non-UK issued identification must provide this prior to the flight date for clearance purposes
• Teesside International Airport, Darlington