• Welcome, introduction and classroom briefing
• 60 minute flight in a two or four seater Cessna aircraft
• Learn how to handle a light aircraft, including the details of taxying, take-off, straight and level flight, banking and landing
• Opportunity to take the controls during your flight
• A signed certificate upon completion
What Can I Expect
Head into the blue with these trial flying lessons in Rochester, Kent! The airport is well placed in the south east of England with easy access from London and the surrounding area. Boasting a friendly atmosphere and excellent teaching, Rochester is a superb place to take a trial lesson in a plane.
This school offers 60 minute lessons in both two and four seater aircraft. For all lessons you will be met by the flying instructor who'll be taking you up and you'll have a short classroom briefing session. Once in the aircraft and settled, you'll discover all about taxiing, take off, straight and level flight and banking - all whilst you are heading over the River Medway and Chatham's historic dockyard.
Trial lessons are taken in two seater Cessna 152s, or four seater Cessna 172SPs. The school has three of each and all are kitted out with dual controls. These planes are the best known training aircraft in modern aviation and more 172s have been built than any other aeroplane. Easy to fly, stable and reliable these planes make superb choices for trial flights.
Chief Flying Instructor and Examiner Brian Bennewith and his team of dedicated instructors are ready to offer you a fantastic first foray into aviation with a trial lesson flying lesson in Rochester. You will have plenty of time to take the controls of the plane and if you choose the four seater option, a passenger will be able to join you for the flight in the back seat, subject to pilot approval spreading this experience even further!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All trial lessons are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 14
• All under 16s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum height is 6'6" (1.98m) for both aircraft
• Maximum weight is 14 stone (88kg) for two seaters and 17 stone (108kg) for four seaters
• Spectators are welcome
• There is a clubhouse on site with toilet facilities
• Choose the four seater option and an 'interested observer' can join you for the flight in the back seat, subject to pilot approval
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Rochester Airport is just south of Rochester in Kent