• A one hour air rifle experience
• All shooters must be satisfactorily briefed before being able to fire their gun
• Briefing is done on a one to one basis
• There are three permanent ranges - 10, 50 and 100 metres
• All ranges have a choice of knock-down metal targets or paper targets
• You may for part of a small group of up to 6 people
What Can I Expect
Get rifling near Hull, when you take on the air rifles in Yorkshire! This superb family-run venue hosts all sorts of outdoorsy things to do, but one of the most popular has to be the chance to take aim at the targets with air rifles. Now it's your turn!
Just in land from Hornsea, this Yorkshire air rifle centre occupies acres of land surrounded by lakes and ponds. It's far enough away from civilisation that the sound of shotguns ringing out disturbs no-one, but close enough to the likes of Hull and Bridlington to be easy to get to for budding shooters.
What's more, facilities here in East Yorkshire are really very good. There's a well-stocked gun shop selling air rifles and shot guns on site, along with all sorts of accessories including everything from ammunition to waterproof gear and ear defenders. There's even a resident gunsmith who has decades of experience who works to recondition, service and make-new all sorts of guns. So if you do decide to take air rifling as a sport, this place has all gear for sale!
Before all that though, let's get you started off in the world of shooting. One of the most important factors is to select the correct gun for you, with length and weight making all the difference. If you can't hold the gun at a 90 degree angle to your body without leaning or resting the air gun on anything, then it's too heavy. Simple as that. This team in Yorkshire has a full range of air rifles, so there'll be one suitable for you.
Gun in hand, it's then all about the ammunition. A poor workman may blame their tools, but in this case the quality of the pellets does affect consistency and accuracy. No worries here though, as the ammo you get given is all high quality. So now with the right gun and the right pellets it's down to you…
So tuck the stock of the air rifle into your shoulder, place your leading hand on the grip and your trailing hand on the trigger, look down the scope and get ready to release your shot. This Yorkshire set up offers both traditional paper and 'knock down' air rifle targets, so they'll certainly keep you on your toes during your session handling air rifles at Yorkshire's family-run Humberside Shooting Ground.
• The shooting ground is open 0900 to 1700, Tuesday to Sunday, all year round
• Ranges have a covered roof so weather will not affect your experience
• The minimum age for participants is 7
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• All equipment needed is provided on the day
• Comfortable clothing and sensible footwear are recommended
• Spectators are welcome and can see all the action under a covered viewing area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Refreshments and other facilities are available in the well equipped clubhouse
• Near Hull, East Yorkshire