• 25 Clay and target shooting combo
• All shooters must be satisfactorily briefed before being able to fire their gun
• Briefing is done on a one to one basis
• You may form part of a small group of up to 6 people
• Choose from the following rifle options
• Allow between 1.5 to 2 hours on site
Shooting Combo One
• Clays and spring & PCP air rifles
Shooting Combo Two
• Clays followed by .22 small bore rifles
Shooting Combo Three
• Clays and centrefile rifles
What Can I Expect
Head to this Humberside rifle range and be prepared to take aim and fire at a variety of targets. With one of the widest ranges of weaponry available amongst all our target shooting experiences, this family-run Humberside shooting ground is a brilliant place to learn all about shooting.
This is a very popular outdoor centre just in-land from Hornsea and north of Hull. Started in the 1970s, this Humberside club has grown to become one of the finest in the area. It’s very much a permanent set-up here, concentrating on the popular outdoor pursuits of clay pigeon shooting, rifles and fishing too. We are offering a trio of packages that all include a clay shoot, with the rifle shooting session of your choice.
The most accessible in terms of both price and ease of use is the spring and PCP air rifle shooting session. These guns fire pellets, using compressed air (PCP stands for pre-charged pneumatic). The recoil is very low, making it ideal for first time shooters to get used to the sensation of releasing the trigger.
Amongst enthusiasts, the most popular target shooting category is the 0.22 calibre rifle. If you go for this option at the Humberside shooting centre, you’ll be firing real ammunition - that’s to say rimfire cartridges. These have the advantage of being cost-effective and a good compromise between accuracy, performance and ease of use. There’s low recoil and participants will be fitted with a gun to suit their size.
It's literally a case of getting the big guns out if you choose the centrefire rifle package. Centre fire refers to the type of bullet cartridge used, with the firing pin hitting the centre of the cartridge to ignite the primer. In essence, these bigger cartridges are used on bigger guns. And that means higher pressure, which means more recoil and a bigger bang. It’s the sort of gun that would be used for ‘big game’ hunting.
No furry things will harmed at this Humberside target shooting centre. Instead you’ll be firing at the very best Olympic-grade electronic targets, with real-time access to info about the shots fired. If you’re shooting 0.22 calibre or centrefire guns, this is the range you’ll be at. On the PCP rifle shooting, there’s a dedicated range with over 100 knock-down and traditional paper targets for you.
And don’t forgot the clay pigeon shooting element included on all experiences at this Humberside rifle range. Once again, the facilities are second to none. There are 20 layouts including a 75ft tower, with 100 automatic traps releasing driven, crosses, rabbis and more for to aim at. We reckon it’s going to be a blast and if you do get into your shooting, there’s a well-stocked gun shop with gunsmith on site too.
• The shooting ground is open 0900 to 1700, Tuesday to Sunday, all year round
• Ranges have a covered roof so weather will not affect your experience
• The minimum age for participants is 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• All equipment needed is provided on the day
• Comfortable clothing and sensible footwear are recommended
• Spectators are welcome and can see all the action under a covered viewing area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Refreshments and other facilities are available in the well equipped clubhouse
• Brandesburton, near Hull, East Yorkshire