• A short safety briefing and demonstration onboard the RIB
• Choose the 60 minute experience you will have around 45 minutes on the RIB with 30 minutes high speed
• For the 90 minute experience you will have around 1 hour 15 minutes on the RIB with 1 hour full speed
• 10% discount available for t on food purchased at the Pitcher & Piano or Banana Wharf restaurant in the marina on the date of the experience
What Can I Expect
Explore the Solent onboard a RIB from Southampton! Set off from the Ocean Village marina in Southampton and feel the sea wind in your hair as you skim over the waves riding in a powerful Rigid Inflatable Boat. The combination of lightweight V-shaped hull, chunky horsepower and great handling make for high thrills ride on the high seas.
After the safety briefing and demonstration of the safety equipment, you will board the RIB and head out into Southampton Water. After passing the cruise liner berths at Southampton, you turn south towards the Solent. This is where the RIB ride really gets into gear as you’re clear of restricted waters...
And we can tell you these RIBs love nothing more than riding swell and jumping the wake. The professional pilot will show off some of their signature tight turns and stops that are sure to make your adrenaline levels surge. Hold on tight to your jockey seat and don’t be surprised if you get wet - even on the finest of boating days in Southampton, there'll be plenty of spray going on with the RIB capable of reaching speed of up to 50 knots.
We are offering two RIB rides out of this Hampshire base, with both 60 and 90 minute trips operating from the pontoon. Depending on boating conditions in and around Southampton and the length of ride chosen, you might see the likes of historic Calshot Castle, which was built by Henry VIII and the tranquil Hamble River. But it has to be said, everyone loves the bit when the RIB powers out into the less sheltered waters of the Solent.
After those water games around the Brambles sand bank and some very slick and swift runs across the Solent, you will finally turn for home with a final roar up Southampton Water and then it’s back to base.
All the boats used are insured and maintained to the high standards required for commercial operations. Your crew who will be hosting these thrilling experiences is actually made up of highly experienced members of the search and rescue team based in the area around Southampton. And of course, lifejackets and safety equipment will be provided and waterproofs are available for hire too. Are you ready to RIB in Southampton?
• Selected weekdays and weekends between March and October
• Weekends from November to February (excluding Christmas and New Year).
• The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary. Please check with the venue when booking
* Back up and running taking bookings from 18th July 2020*
• Minimum age is 8 years
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult and under 16s it must be on a 1:1 ratio
• There are no formal height restrictions but in order to reach the floor whilst seated on the ‘jockey seat’ participants should have an inside leg measurement of 24 inches
• This experience can be bumpy so is not suitable for pregnant women or those suffering from a bad back or neck
• Warm, outdoor clothing is recommended as well as flat soled shoes
• A waterproof jacket is a good idea, even in hot weather
• There is a café at the marina as well as local supermarket
• There is parking available at the marina with a small charge
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is a 10% discount on food purchased at the Pitcher & Piano and Banana Wharf restaurants in the marina on the date of the experience
• Booking confirmation must be shown on arrival for the discount to be applied
• Ocean Village Marina, Southampton