• Upon arrival at this white water rafting venue in Cardiff, South Wales you'll be issued with a wet suit, helmet and gloves (all equipment hire is included)
• After a short welcome and safety briefing you'll meet your instructor who will explain and demonstrate the techniques required to control the boat
• You'll then hit the course and tackle the white water
• Your BCU qualified instructor will vary the route taken to provide you with a fun challenging white water experience
• The session will last 2 hours including a short briefing, enough time for multiple runs through the course
• Rafts can hold up to 6 people
What Can I Expect
White Water Rafting Cardiff - a unique rafting experience in South Wales! This white water activity based in Cardiff takes place at the UKs first pumped white water slalom course used by all levels of rafters.
We're really quite honoured to be able to offer exhilarating white water rafting sessions at this high-tech 'on demand' paddlesport centre in the Cardiff International Sports Village in South Wales.
Cardiff International White Water (or Dwr Gwyn Rhyngwladol Caerdwydd in Welsh) is the only place you can go where the white water levels are variable and controlled entirely by pumps, so perfect for rafting virgins right up to professional paddlers, with gentle float trips to thrills and spills when the water's flowing full on.
The 250m long course, which is horse-shoe shaped with an extra bend to finish, is entirely manmade and has movable blocks on the bed which can be moved to adjust whitewater features such as eddies, holes and hydraulics.
As soon as the pumps are started that white water flows and those raging rapids of Cardiff are ready to be ridden. The source water at Cardiff actually comes from the River Ely and is stocked in a lower pool that also serves as a training area for first timers to this rafting lark, as there is no white water.
Before you head out onto the course to start your white water rafting Cardiff experience, there's a ground briefing and you'll get kitted out in all the rafting gear. Each raft holds six people plus the guide and all guides at this famous South Wales centre are National Governing Body instructors or coaches under the British Canoe Union (BCU). Having a two hour session means you will be able to tackle the circuit several times, so getting wet is guaranteed! For more white water rafting gift ideas please see our main rafting section.
• Sessions will be available 7 days a week throughout the year
• The course is an 'on demand' white water facility which can operate in most conditions
• Minimum age is 16, guests should bring swimwear and a towel
• Old trainers or water shoes should be worn
• The venue is open to all spectators with excellent views of the action all round the course
• There is a cafe on site offering refreshments and free wifi access
• The Rafting course forms part of the Cardiff International Sports Village development which offers a variety of other facilities and attractions
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This South Wales venue is part of Cardiff International Sports Village at Cardiff Bay, just south of Cardiff City Centre