• A Rafting experience lasting approximately two hours
• Around one and three quarter hours on the water
• Full safety briefing and training session
• All equipment is provided including paddles, buoyancy aid , helmet, splash jacket and of course the raft!
• Wet-suits are also available (£10 deposit required on the day)
• Rafts take a maximum of 7 people plus the guide
• There are usually up to three rafts in use
• Choose the exclusive rafting session and up to seven of you can share the experience
experience from IntotheBlue. Rafting experiences are also available in other white water venues, please see our main white water rafting page here.
What Can I Expect
White Water Rafting Nottingham - go and ride some of the most technical and exciting rapids produced by man at the prestigious National Water Sports Centre. Located just south of Nottingham city centre, this is going to be a thrilling white water rafting experience!
The first obstacle you will encounter on this Nottingham course is the sluice wave, created by the gate that controls the flow of the white water you'll be rafting on. From there you will pass through the narrow passages and several wavy sections before reaching the first major basin, the pyramid pool. After that, you'll pass under the middle bridge and then drop into the looping pool, where the rafts often play in possibly the best white water wave on the whole of this famous Nottingham rafting course.
If all that doesn't sound mad enough, once you're out of the bottom of the looping pool, you reach the most intense part of the circuit, with the plughole and muncher stoppers leading you into a big wave section. Rounding the corner after there is a flat section which then leads into the bottom stopper. This is where you'll spend a little time at the end of your rafting session on this spectacular Nottingham white water course and it will literally test your ability to hold on tight as you're bounced around the raft! Once let go, you'll drift down past the bottom narrows, and it's everybody out and back around you go again.
Our white water rafting Nottingham venue hosts superb sessions for all ages from 14 years. Each raft holds up to seven rafters, plus the guide. The team here in Nottingham is fully qualified and experienced in taking out beginners and novices, so you're in good hands as you paddle. It is a great activity for both men and women but why not take a look at our gifts for men page to find a whole range of thrilling experiences, perfect for the adventurous and thrill seekers alike.
• Sessions run between 10am and 6pm between March and October, 10am-3.30pm November to February
• Experiences operate on Saturdays and Sundays
• You will form part of a group of up to 7 other rafters
Exclusive Raft Session
• Experiences operate 7 days a week
• Choose from an off peak voucher valid for use Sunday-Friday or to include Saturday availability opt for the Peak voucher
• Rafters need to be between 14 and 65 years old
• Maximum Weight is 18 stone (114 kg)
• Maximum chest size should be less than 48 inches
• Participants must be able to swim in light clothing and be confident in open water
• This activity is not suitable for pregnant women
• Under 18's will need to provide a parental/guardian consent form which will be provided prior to the activity.
• Friends and family are welcome to the beautiful water park surroundings
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You will need to wear a swimming costume to go under the wet-suit
• Suitable lace up trainers should be worn which you don't mind getting wet
• No Jeans, shorts or T-shirts are allowed
• Participants should arrive 30 minutes before your slot time
• On rare occasions, the course may be closed if the water levels are too high
• Facilities on site - lots of car parking, toilets, showers changing rooms, cafés serving snacks, drinks and hot meals and a children's playground area
• An excellent view over the main rapids from the bank that runs alongside the entire rapids course
• Accommodation can be provided on site with rooms from as little as £39, there are also a number of hotels and B&Bs nearby.
• The National Watersports Centre, West Bridgford
• Five miles East of Nottingham located in 270 acres of national park
• Easy access from junction 24 or 25 of the M1