• An exciting two hour trip white water rafting experience
• AALA licensed crew/instructors for the duration of your trip
• Safety briefing and craft instruction
• Wet suits, helmets and life jackets
• You will be part of a group
What Can I Expect
Take on the rapids with our White Water Rafting Fort William experience! The starting point for your rafting is just south of the historic Fort Augustus and the whooshing white waters will have you paddling like mad on the River Garry and working as a team to make a successful descent.
So, you and your fellow white water rafters will be out on the River Garry. What's unique about this river is that it is dam-released, meaning the waters are controlled and you can expect a good flow in both summer and winter months, and, when the gushing white water is manually released at the source near Fort William, that's when you can find yourself really rafting!
This session has been graded 3 to 4, which means it is a quite challenging course, but there will be a qualified International Rafting Federation guide with you in the raft and you will have the best equipment available for your Fort William mission!
For your white water rafting Fort William session you will be part of a small group out on the waters of the Garry river in the inflatable raft, alongside an instructor/guide. You'll have a paddle in hand and as you go head on into the dips and drops there's no point in ducking, as you will be getting wet! You can also expect to go sideways and generally have a thrilling time negotiating these white waters near Fort William that can be seriously rushing during the height of the rafting season.
• Thursdays during July and August
• White water is guaranteed as experiences are booked on dates when the local dam releases its water supply
• Sessions start at 09.30, 13.30 and 16.30
• The River Garry trip is ideal for all abilities
• Minimum height is 1.2m
• Under 16's must have an adult in attendance (they do not have to participate)
• Participants must wear soft soled trainers
• As this trip takes you off into the wilds of the water it is not suitable for spectators
• Changing facilities are available
• Supplier can assist with local accommodation suggestions
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The River Garry near Fort Augustus