• Take the wheel in one of the UK's fastest Honda Formula 4-stroke championship boats
• Demonstration from the expert pilot instructor of wave jumping, high speed cornering, racing lines and starts
• Approximately 10 minutes at the controls driving the boat giving you two laps of the racing circuit on the water
• Offshore racing waterproof jacket and life jackets are provided
• You will form part of a group of up to 4 participants and ride as a passenger when not driving
• You will be onboard for approximately one hour
• Allow spending one and a half hours at the venue
Honda Solo Session
• One to one coaching with approximately one hour on the water
• Have the Honda race boat all to yourself with your highly trained skipper
What Can I Expect
Book a powerboat experience in Southampton and go racing over the waves! It's not everyday you can drive an offshore racing powerboat, so these shared and solo experiences are an absolute must for adrenaline seekers who want to speed across the seas out of the marina at Southampton in Hampshire.
he powerful boat is the real deal. They actually competing in the Honda Formula 4-Stroke Championship (HF4S), so you will be able to feel the acceleration and grace of one of these highly responsive racing speedboats just like the professional racing crew. Capable of powering through almost any water conditions at a high rate of knots, you may find the boat spends almost as much time out of the water as it does in it!
To really get into the flow of things, you'll be kitted out in proper HF4S team kit and safety gear including life jacket. Your instructor/driver will more than likely be a current or past powerboat racer, so be prepared to hold on tight when the throttle is unleashed, as they will be more than capable and keen to show just what these Honda vessels are capable of.
Once launched, you'll set off at a gentle cruising pace along the river to the Solent estuary. When you are out on the open waters, the speed restrictions are lifted and you're off, wave jumping and pulling super tight corners.
Keep your sea legs, because after your demo session it's your turn to have a go at actually piloting these simply rip-roaringly power-hungry craft. If your skipper moves are up to scratch, you may well have the opportunity to test your skills on an offshore racing circuit, cutting through and flying above waves at a hair raising speeds.
On the shared powerboat experiences out of Southampton you get around 15 minutes of drive time and as the boat holds up to four passengers, when you’re not driving you’ll be in the back seat with the wind and sea-spray in your hair! If you book a voucher for four, you will have the boat exclusively for your group for the duration of the experience. If you go for the solo, you get to hog the whole boat for a whole hour out on the water - just you, boat and instructor.
• Selected Saturdays and Sundays from May to October
• This experience is weather dependent
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Minimum height 5ft
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• This experience is not suitable for those with a back or heart complaint or for pregnant women
• Friends and family are welcome to watch your departure and return
• There is a pub, cafe and restaurant on site
• Onsite toilets and changing facilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear jeans or shorts and soft shoes or trainers
• Please also bring a change of clothes - just in case
• Shamrock Quay, Southampton in Hampshire