• The experience will last around an hour (depending on numbers on the day) including welcome, briefing and 30 minutes of ride time
• You may be forming part of a larger group of riders
What Can I Expect
So, when it came to writing about quad biking in Nottingham we were going to steer clear of the cliches all about roaming the mystical Sherwood Forest in Nottingham like modern day Robin Hoods and swapping trusty steeds for trusty quad bikes. But the fact is, you WILL be navigating through the varied forest terrain and yes, your trusty steed for the safari WILL be a quad bike!
Before you can get quad biking on all the trials and trails of this Nottinghamshire safari, you will meet your guides at the 'Base Camp'. This is without doubt a military affair that makes you feel like you're on a secret mission with your ATV - but one where tea and coffee is on tap all day long! Very civilised, but it will soon get full of madcap muddy fun.
To start there is a safety briefing and introduction to driving the quad bike, as well as time to be kitted out in overalls and helmets. Don't worry if you're not mechanically minded, this Nottingham team has selected the perfect quad bike for all levels of rider. Just turn on the ignition and go…not even a clutch to worry about. And what's more, there's no faffing around in paddock going round cones, you'll be straight off on your safari and straight in to the fun stuff!
Then it's off to explore Nottingham's wonderful Sherwood Forest on your 150cc quad bike - fun, challenging and exhilarating! The trek begins with a gentle woodland path and a couple of circuits round a woodland track to get you used to the bike. After that, your guide will take you off through shaded pine forest, more challenging bumps and rollers through the clearings and even some man-made mega humps and drops!
It's great fun roaming the forest, but going quad biking in Nottingham can be mucky work, so be sure to bring suitable outdoor clothes and shoes, but maybe leave the green tights and Friar Tuck outfits at home! Many more gift ideas suitable for family and friends, and for any special occasion, can be found on our main gifts section here.
• Safaris run all year round usually on Saturdays and Sundays subject to availability, with a minimum of 2 riders and a maximum of 16
• Please contact Into The Blue directly if your group is larger than 16 as bigger quad groups can be accepted on request
• Minimum age for the safari is 16 years
• There are no height restrictions
• Please ensure you wear clothes and shoes/boots suited to getting wet and muddy, overalls and helmets are provided
• Spectators are welcome, but due to the nature of the safari course, they cannot see all of the action
• There are toilet and refreshment facilities on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?