• Return trip on a state of the art spacecraft to Pluto
• Two bottles of Prosecco per person - more available (payable locally)
• A selection of nibbles and canapés
• Hire of an intergalactic, self-heating spacesuit
• Allow approximately 12 years for the return journey to Pluto which is 5 billion kms from Earth
What Can I Expect
Have yourself an out of this world picnic with our Prosecco on Pluto experience! Head over to the Dwarf Planet with a crate of Prosecco, nibbles and a whole load of friends for a totally far out day on the other side of the solar system.
These inter-galactic packages are not for the fainthearted. For a start, Pluto is a long, long way away. But that’s OK, as you’ll be transported in a super fast space craft and as soon as you board the stewards will be cracking open the first of many celebratory bottles of lovely bubbly Prosecco, which will certainly help to while away the long journey.
We have to warn you that once landed on Pluto, you’ll soon discover the average temperature is a rather chilly -229 degrees. But we’ve thought of that and each voyager is kitted out with a super insulated space suit, designed by Stella McCartney, so you can be warm and cosy and fashionable at the same time.
It might also be worth mentioning that these Prosecco trips to Pluto only run at certain times of the century, as Pluto has an atmosphere for only very short periods of time, when it’s orbit is closest to the sun. And Pluto orbits the sun every 246 years, as opposed to earth’s 365 days. And although the air is toxic, all our spacesuits have filters, so you can breathe and even integrated straws so you can still enjoy your Prosecco. On the positive side, one third of Pluto is icy water, so your Prosecco will always be nice chilled before drinking.
One thing that certainly can’t be beaten on Pluto is the view. You can invariably see the stars all day and night long and it’s certainly a novelty to watch the sun rising in the West and setting in the East. And if you are lucky enough to catch sight of any of Pluto’s five moons, your breath will be taken away. Then again, that could just be the lack of oxygen.
Booking a Prosecco on Pluto experience is certainly one like no other. You’ll be drinking in all that delicious Italian bubbliness in a far, far away land that’s so distant it’s hard to imagine. One scientist quipped: ‘Looking at Pluto from Earth is like looking at a walnut 30 miles away’. Sounds like an incredible adventure to us!
• Launches are timed for when Pluto’s elliptical orbit brings the Dwarf Planet nearest the Sun, roughly ever 100 years or so
• Fans of Prosecco and space travel
• Due to the alcohol involved in this experience, the minimum age is 18
• Spectators are very welcome to watch the take off, but it’ll be a long wait for the return landing, although there is a cafe-bar serving cans of pop, hot drinks and chocolate bars at the airport
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You’d be mad to even think about going on this experience - and also, it’s an impossible experience, so it doesn’t exist. You’ll just have to put your name down for Virgin Galactic instead…
• Flights take off from Biggin Hill Airport in Kent direct to Pluto