• Drive a four wheel drive Subaru Impreza Prodrive 300HP
• Welcome and safety briefing
• In car introduction to the rally cars controls and features
• Tips and tuition from an onboard instructor
• Choose from a 9 mile experience (3 laps of the rally stage) or 18 miles (6 laps)
• Opt for the hot lap and you will also receive an instructor driven high speed passenger ride in the Subaru
• Allow around one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
A car that needs no introduction - the Subaru Impreza. Prodrive took this Japanese road and rally machine and made it even more of a beast. Now there’s one residing in Essex, ready for your Subaru rally experience. We think it’s time you hot-footed it to Saffron Walden to learn some ‘sick skills’, as the boys in charge say…
The Prodrive Subaru you’ll be driving is Tom’s pride and joy. Tom is lead instructor and manager at this rally school and he knows a thing or two when it comes to taming the Subaru Impreza. He raced a TEG motorsport Scooby in the British Rally Championships and when he’s not competing, the young champ loves nothing better than 'scaring passengers witless' in his Subaru rally car on this Essex track!
And when he’s not doing that, he, along with his dedicated team of instructors, will be in the passenger seat assisting you as you drive the Prodrive Subaru. This is all wheel drive greatness in what is essentially a fairly sensible family car. But this rally version chucks all mod cons and refinements out of the window to give you two FIA standard rally seats and a huge roll cage behind you and not much else. But then you don’t need much else when it comes to rallying in a Scooby.
The 300bhp horizontal engine is a sheer joy. A low sense of gravity and that all wheel drive technology means this car is perfectly balanced. Traction and handling is a dream - throw it into a tight corner and it just sticks. Like sushi rice. This really is Japanese motoring at its very best. No wonder the Prodrive Subaru rally team was so, so successful in the World Rally Championships - and hundreds of other rally series around the world besides.
This car brings world class rally breeding to Essex. The Subaru Impreza from Prodrive just loves the loose gravel surface and the car seems to almost skim the surface, so be prepared to feel a little ‘bounced’ in the car. And prepare for reaching speeds of up to 100mph if you go for the add-on white knuckle passenger ride too. Noisy, grippy, bouncy and fast. You gotta love the Prodrive Scooby.
• Selected Saturdays throughout the year
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 17
• Participants must hold a full driving licence
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Minimum height is 5ft, maximum height is 6ft 4ins
• Safety helmets are provided
• Spectators are welcome and there are viewing areas of the track
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Snacks and refreshments can be purchased from the on site cafe
• Additional pay on the day activities are available
• The rally driving stage is located near Saffron Walden in Essex