• Exclusive helicopter sightseeing tour for two people
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• Flights are taken in a Robinson R44 helicopter, scheduled just for you
• A glass of bubbly each to toast the occasion!
Portsmouth Helicopter Buzz
• A 10 minute flight
• Fly over the Solent with fantastic views of the Isle of Wight and Portsmouth
Portsmouth City & Coast Tour
• A 20 minute tour
• Unique views of the waters of the Solent, Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth City and the historic dockyard
Isle of Wight Needles Tour
• A 30 minute tour
• Fly over the Solent waters and view the scenery of the Isle of Wight and the spectacular Needles
What Can I Expect
There are lots of ways to do Portsmouth and Isle of Wight tours, but the most glamorous way has got to be by helicopter chartered just for you! These exclusive tours are for two people to enjoy a fabulous tour around Portsmouth and beyond in a helicopter.
Your departure point for these exclusive tours is Solent Airport (formerly known as HMS Daedalus), just in-land at Lee-on-the-Solent. As the only two passengers on the flight, there’s plenty of room for you both and you’ll be treated to a celebratory flute of bubbly before or after your exclusive tour.
We are offering three flight itineraries for you. A 10-minute Buzz will show you the highlights of the local area, including far-reaching views towards the Isle of Wight. On the 20-minute City & Coast you’ll see the best of Portsmouth with the Spinnaker, the dockyard, naval base and those lovely Solent views too.
On the 30-minute Isle of Wight tour the pair of you will get to fly around the Needles. Sitting right on the edge of the famous rocks is the 33m-high lighthouse. Once staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a team of three guards, the 19th century lighthouse is now fully automatic. But look closely and you’ll see the incredible helipad perched atop, which was added in 1987. We defy you to not get the most incredible aerial photographs of this iconic corner of the Isle of Wight!
And of course, the two of you get prime seats in your helicopter, as it’s just you two and the pilot onboard. So the pair of you will be able to gaze down on catamarans cutting white trails through the azure blue waters, gasp at the dramatic chalk cliffs that plunge into the sea and generally have a really good nosy at what happens around the marinas, harbours and naval docks in and around Portsmouth, Gosport and beyond.
For an extra special helicopter ride where it’s just the two of you on the chopper, book an exclusive Isle of Wight or Portsmouth tour online now - it’s the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion, or even pop that question!
• 7 days a week, subject to pilot and aircraft availability
• All flights are weather dependant
• Minimum age 18
• Maximum weight 18 stone (if over 15 stone please advise prior to booking your date)
• Maximum height 6ft 3 ins
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flights depart from Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire